New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    dell is offering $399 laptops, brand new. kaso base model lang. try visiting their website.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    risk mo lang with IBM laptops is that they are no longer IBM owned na. Probably in a year or 2 hindi na sila IBM tag.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    medyo malaki-laking investment mo sa laptop, so if i were you..dun na ako sa tried and trusted brand. at syempre may local support ka na matatakbuhan for repairs, parts etc.

if you have a budget in mind, check mo this site: http://villman.com/
    baka may pasok sa budget mo and your needs.

good luck!

btw: ibm (hw: desktops, thinkpads etc) was acquired by a chinese company, lenovo: lock, stock, and barrel. ngayon pa lang yata wala na yung ibm tag sa mga products nila.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    compaq laptops, yung bare is around 48K+++... i think ito nalang, mas ok then lahat external nalang idagdag mo.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Thanks for the replies.

I'm just after a reliable, efficient laptop for projects, and audio and video storage. Perhaps some games like NFS Underground whatsoever will be nice. I'm more on quality and user-friendliness than brand. I also prefer internal peripherals, and I will need a DVD burner, WiFi LAN card and 56K modem.
    Last edited by squala; November 30th, 2005 at 02:10 AM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    why not try asus or hp. or if u have the luxury, have a fujitsu or sony viao.

ecs is a nyc brand. they have a 59+k laptop running on an intel centrino processor. but i dont think it has a dvd burner

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    My options are to pay cash for an unbranded one or finance a good brand. If ever, is Gilmore a good place to canvass?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ECS is being distributed by Axis-Global. Neo Qnote by Glee. mostly distributors sila ng pang-clone pc's, so expect clone PC type of warranty. 1 year warranty lang and useless kung dalhin mo abroad, kasi walang intl. warranty.

ECS & Qnote para ka bumili ng Chevrolet Optra, fully-packed, fully-featured sa specs and cheap, pero quality-wise ... ikaw na lang humusga.

and pahuling reminder, make sure na hindi ECS DESKNOTE ang bilhin coz ang battery nito separate. from the word itself, DESKtop NOTEbook. a little of both worlds hehehe. just imagine surfing wifi in SBC with an external module for the battery connected to your main unit ...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    The ECS Laptop, check for warranties, n check for the build. press down on the middle keys, such as the G n H key, to see if the laptop's keys all bow down. That shows lack of quality if you press 1 key n the surrounding keys also seem to dip down. Check for performance, n check for its capabilities.
    yup that is one difference ng ECS/Qnote laptop range vs. Branded ones, yun keyboard touch malutong parang bumili ka ng tig 200 na keyboard, pero yun sa branded soft-touch talaga. parang keypad ng Nokia, yun hindi orig casing w/ keypad malutong at d ok sa kamay pero yun orig syempre ok.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Suggestions ko lang for value-laptops: Twinhead and Asus. FYI, IBM Laptops and Desktops are sold to Lenovo, the largest PC manufacturer in China. IBM still makes their servers though. If you check the ads they are running now, you won't see the "IBM" mark anymore but the "ThinkPad" mark, which was included in the sale of the laptop/desktop division of IBM to Lenovo.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Feedback on ECS Laptop