New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Is this a reliable computer? Its price is very attractive, and the components also come from where those of branded ones do.

If you guys have any experience with this, please post up here. I might consider this one if it indeed proves cost-effective.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    when it comes to laptop, ayaw ko na bumili ng pang-clone type brands. Have you tried Neo Q-note? I think this is at par with the ECS Brands, magkasing-mura. I bought the tablet pc one, lahat ng drivers generic, the tft display is not that crisp, and may kabigatan siya and best of all, mainit, umiinit yun even yun keyboard area. pang DIY ito mga laptops na ito, pero yun na nga quality is not comparable sa popular laptop brands.

I already owned Acer, Dell and Compaq laptop brands. mas ok talaga yun branded na bilhin mo. hindi ka magsisi.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    depende sa ECS model na plano mo, I use to have toshiba...grabe ang parts cost pagmeron breakdown. I have been issued an ECS before, function wise okay naman, generic lang ang RAM upgrade so mura....bumilis naman....first generation na P4 and CPU kaya medyo mainit at malakas ang battery. I had problem sa battery nito kasi mahirap humanap (but my ECS was not original model na nilabas sa Pinas kasi) pero somebody is re-packing batteries in Market-market.

Meron ECS na magagaang ang weight and have centrino CPU's low power consumption baka gusto mo itong tingnan.

Recently meron akong advertisement nakita that the NEO have a very similar specs and price range (centrino with video camera pa) laptop...tingnan mo rin ito.

My major parameters ay 1) Weight should be less than 2kg (preferably below 1.5kg) all peripherals in, 2) Price should be about P30 to P50k, 3) Batterylife/power should last at least 3hours of continuous usage, 4) Built-in Soundcard (common specs na eto)

Minor parameters: at least 2 USB ports, 1 PCMCIA port, built-in 56kModem, built-in 100MbsLAN, CD/DVD combo (at least CD burner), TV out (S-video), Monitor out, wifi ready

Luho parameters: multiple card reader, camera, 8 hour battery life, parallel port, serial port

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I own one. Its a P4 1.4 Ghz, 256MB RAM, 64 MB VRAM, 40gb HDD, CD-ROM, 15 in. TFT, 4 usb ports, 1 serial port. It hasn't given me problems so far. I've used it strictly for MS Office applications and some simple games.

Some observations:

1. When I bought it (it was around P55k brand new), the OS wasn't included, so you have to purchase one (windows or linux);

2. The drivers have to be installed prior to the installation of your OS. Patches for older drivers are available online.

3. The battery lasts for around 2.5 hours with normal usage. You can, of course, extend it if you modify your power management to long life mode.

Hopes this helps, dude.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meron din ako. ok naman siya, that is until i installed *#$%*! windows xp. ok siya nung win2000 pero sa xp bumagal.

mainit.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    mabigat.

go for hp nx6120. mura na lang yun.

http://www.cooltoyzph.com/catalog.php?cat=laptops

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo
    meron din ako. ok naman siya, that is until i installed *#$%*! windows xp. ok siya nung win2000 pero sa xp bumagal.

mainit.

boss yebo, try upgrading your onboard RAM to 512MB and get the patches for your laptop's drivers at ECS' website. Meron ata updated patches esp. if you're running Windows XP.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I own a HP Pavillion ze4300 galing sa states. Cost is about 55thousand pesos. Pero, matibay ito! It's actually more powerful than my home computer. I've dropped my laptop twice already haha..but its still good. I've had it for almost 3yrs now, and no major problems.

When it comes down to buying electronics..especially when it comes to laptops...tvs..a/c...dvd players etc. I buy the known brands. At least i know they have reputation of having good products, and i know that if somethin is wrong with my item, i can easily find parts for it.

The ECS Laptop, check for warranties, n check for the build. press down on the middle keys, such as the G n H key, to see if the laptop's keys all bow down. That shows lack of quality if you press 1 key n the surrounding keys also seem to dip down. Check for performance, n check for its capabilities. Make sure it has an Ethernet, usb, mouse input, n regular modem dialup connection. But most of all, make sure you feel comfortable using it. Your laptop should be able to handle the technology of today. But make sure it has a mouse connection, so that you can buy a mouse for it, using the touch pad is kind of irritating for me. N make sure you have a warranty for your laptop, my aunt had an ECS n couldnt turn it on after 2 weeks n returned it for another one.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd go for an ASUS laptop over an ECS any day. I suggest you look into the ASUS A3500 Centrino, around P60000, comes with XP Home, WiFi, Combo drive, Smart card reader. I own an ASUS S5N, an ultraportable, only problem I've had is with the external combo drive, it had connectivity issues fixed due to warranty (which is 2 years worldwide BTW), don't get a laptop with an external combo... by any measure an ASUS laptop is a solid piece of equipment.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    umiinit daw talaga ung ecs -- as in uncomfortably hot. pati keypad umiinit.

if ever bibili ako ng laptop, for the same amount of money i'd buy a better branded model with less bells and whistles rather than ung madami features pero medyo bago and brand. imho kalaban mo kasi sa laptop is physical wear and tear; other features you can add/buy with usb peripherals

i think merong IBM thinkpads in the 30-5ok range, though i've yet to see any ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Feedback on ECS Laptop