New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Few years back when I'm stationed in Taiwan, I do buy & collect original DVD and they are expensive, but now I'm based here is Shanghai I buy & collect pirated DVD 9 movie which is almost similar with that of the original DVD.

What I'm collecting now are those concert DVD, and these kind of DVDs are not easy to find and far more expensive than those DVD movies.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    yeah i do. those "teenage movies" are usually my target for bootleg copies and korean-novelas ;all the rest I buy original.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    I no longer buy DVDs. I borrow na lang.

Lately, hindi na rin borrow. I wait for HBO na lang.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I still buy pirated DVDs. Kahit na nagmura na yung mga orginals, di pa rin practical for me to buy those originals when I can get equal value in terms of audio/video quality sa mga binibili kong bootleg DVDs.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    diba when you buy the quiapo dvd, download via *******s they are all considered piracy...

i do both, its not that i patronize the real thing, but i want to be updated with new movies and series

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I never bought any pirated and no plans of doing so.My entire collections are
    originals, i don't want to be an accesories doon sa mga unscrupulous business
    people, it kills the industry...that's my fair share.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Dati nabili ako ng pirated. Pero tinigil ko na. Di maganda ang sound. At saka, pumapaltos pag sa Bose 3-2-1 GSIII player ko, pinanonood ito.

Puro orig na lang binibili ko. Inaabangan ko na lang pag-sale may sale mga DVDs.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Ako mas madami pirated, mga orig ko yung mga gusto ko lang na movies & concerts for my collection. Now, I rent pirated, kaya mas mura hehehe

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by buriroy View Post
    I used to buy pirated DVDs sa Divi, Star Mall, etc. but
    more often than not, I end up being frustrated.

Pag-test kasi nung vendor, OK siya. But when I get
    home and play it, it ends up as "bad disc" or it freezes
    up at the middle part.

May mga nagsabi na pag "branded" daw yung DVD player
    mo, it won't play pirated DVDs. Yung mga mumurahin na
    DVD players (P1,500 or less) which is what the vendors
    use to test, can play all kinds of DVDs, pirated or orig.

Is there some truth to this? I just rent na lang sa
    Video City, OK lahat ng DVD/VCD nila-walang problema
    sa player ko.
    i did encounter problems with early pioneer models (2 different ones), mapili at nagsstuck nga minsan sa ibang scenes. no problems encountered when the same disc is played in my samsung player.

edit: BTT pala..

mixed pero mas marami pa rin ang pirated... matagal tagal na din akong hindi bumibili ng either pirated or original.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The DVD's we have at home are all originals and all movies we like only. Most other movies/shows we have are recorded from Cox Cable/DirectTV. I do rip some rental DVD's to Divx. But, most of those we already have in old VHS format.

I do save streaming format shows like Voltes V and Starblazers because they're simply too hard to find. They're too low-res for tv. But, they look ok on the iPod/PSP.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; October 16th, 2007 at 09:33 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
DVD:  Pirated or Original?