New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Are you an advocate of pirated DVDs?

I used to buy pirated DVD sa may muslim area in quiapo. Now sa 168 or DiviMall.
    But recently, majority of dvd’s are in a compilation type. Meron pa bang single or 2 movies in 1?…wag lang mga 6 or more in 1.
    Nalala ko lang kasi my daughters keep asking me to buy High Schoo Musical 2

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    matagal na ko di bumibili ng pirated dvd...naghihintay na lang ako i-sale ung mga orig but i only buy the good ones.. yung tipong kahit ulit-ulitin mo ay di nakakasawa..

yung mga bago movies, usually puro download na lang.. hehe

I used to buy pirated DVD before(meron din dito...mga pana ang bumebenta). but now i stop it. I have a bunch of Original DVD in my Collections now. I love to see DVD lining up on my shelves.

I am also dloading some movies also from inet.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    hangga't maari mag original DVD's na lang me sale VIVA Video sa mga malls as high as 70% discounts on VCD and DVD's konti nalang difference and halos new titles naman available.dahil to sa anti piracy act ng VIVA bagong promo para sugpuin pirated CD's I think effective and sulit para sa consumers

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Original DVDs only. Haven't bought one in a long time though (have a lot more priority purchases than DVDs).

If you can't afford original DVDs, then just go for VCDs - it's that simple.

IMO - supporting pirated goods makes you like the government crook that you despise since you don't pay the right taxes & duties and you screw people out of their livelihood.

:evillaugh

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I think it’s not a question of can afford or not. I have original dvds too from US as well as from local video shops.
    They’re selling pirated here that’s why I buy from them whenever I consider one especially for kids. It’s simple as that.
    I’m just amazed that there were discs with 6-12 movies stored in one and I think it’s a no no quality compared to single or 2 in 1.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I've been collecting original dvds for years now. Lately, i've been getting pirated dvds for films that i don't really plan on keeping. Mostly art films in foreign languages. For regular releases, i do get them during sale or if the preorder promo is attractive.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't buy pirated DVDs ...

I just download all the movies I want from *******.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    can somebody teach me how ******* downloading works?...sayang naman tong dsl line ko..:sigh:

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    those DVD pirates in malls just got screwed. CDRking must restructure its product line. they will be extinct in 2-5 years.

and all hail PLDT and the upcoming 2Gigabits/sec Fibre Optics Line
    Last edited by oldblue; October 15th, 2007 at 06:08 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
DVD:  Pirated or Original?