New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Any CRT TV is likely to outlast an LCD or later flat-screen TV. I used to own a 27" RCA TV I bought back in 1996. I gave it to a friend in 2004 when I replaced it with our first LCD TV. The latter died in 2010 while the RCA TV is still working now in 2018.
    our wega of about the same age, also still works.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    The trouble with watching on crt tvs now is that most tv and cable broadcasts are formatted for wide screens. So you either get black bars on the top and bottom or you get stretched out faces.

Or it could just be I'm so used to wide screens that 4:3 aspect ratio looks squashed to me.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Di ba isa sa deciding factor on buying smart TV is their software? Or halos pareho lang lahat sila? Baka kasi hirap sa murang brand eh hindi intuitive gamitin.

On this regard, how would you compare a smart TV vs android TV?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    The trouble with watching on crt tvs now is that most tv and cable broadcasts are formatted for wide screens. So you either get black bars on the top and bottom or you get stretched out faces.

Or it could just be I'm so used to wide screens that 4:3 aspect ratio looks squashed to me.
    Size is also a problem with CRTs. And their inability to play hd content.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Size is also a problem with CRTs. And their inability to play hd content.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    There are or rather were HD CRT TVs back in the early until late 2000s.

Sent from my SM-T825Y using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by vel0city View Post
    Backlight should ideally be 0? Mine is set to maximum, good thing I read this.
    It shouldn't be 0 but not maxed out either. In general, it will be about 20 to 70 depending on how powerful the backlight is.

You should set it with the ambient light you're viewing the TV on. It's good if you can display a gray scale chart, such as below.

From 0 increase the backlight until you can just see the 2nd or 3rd gray bars in the stairstep pattern. Then if you have contrast control increase it so you have a good white but can still distinguish between the two of the leftmost or rightmost white bars. You may have to repeat the process a few times as they sort of affect each other.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Anyone know a non-OLED Sony or LG TV that has the same borderless design as Samsung's NU8000?

All appliance stores I've visited don't have anything like it for competing brands. I don't want to get an OLED TV but I love the borderless aesthetics. Samsung's NU8000 is the closest but as usual I've heard Samsung isn't up to par with Sony when it comes to durability.

We currently have a 55" NU8000 but it's less than a year old so I can't comment on long-term durability. Our other 40" Bravia and home theater system is still alive though after 10 years.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Anyone know a non-OLED Sony or LG TV that has the same borderless design as Samsung's NU8000?

All appliance stores I've visited don't have anything like it for competing brands. I don't want to get an OLED TV but I love the borderless aesthetics. Samsung's NU8000 is the closest but as usual I've heard Samsung isn't up to par with Sony when it comes to durability.

We currently have a 55" NU8000 but it's less than a year old so I can't comment on long-term durability. Our other 40" Bravia and home theater system is still alive though after 10 years.

If it helps, i have 4 samsung lcd tvs. 1 is 8, years old, another is 5-6 years and 2 are 3 years old. All are still working fine.
    I also have a sony lcd tv which is 10 years old and still working fine too.
    Our helpers’ tv is a 19inch myview tv which is 3 years old too and doing just fine.
    My take with tvs- big brands will do as long as they have local warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JJB View Post
    If it helps, i have 4 samsung lcd tvs. 1 is 8, years old, another is 5-6 years and 2 are 3 years old. All are still working fine.
    I also have a sony lcd tv which is 10 years old and still working fine too.
    Our helpers’ tv is a 19inch myview tv which is 3 years old too and doing just fine.
    My take with tvs- big brands will do as long as they have local warranty.

Thanks bro. Looks like sa TV brand agnostic nga. Decided on the Samsung na. Will wait for good deals nalang.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Thanks bro. Looks like sa TV brand agnostic nga. Decided on the Samsung na. Will wait for good deals nalang.

Welcrs of pinoydvd sells tvs at cheap prices. 74,5k lang ang 65nu8000 sa kanya. All units have local warranty.
    Text or call him 09164334792. Good luck and have fun[emoji51]