New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Mga sir tanong ko lang din...

I have the modem that came with the package from pldt..it's only one port for one pc. Can i just just the modem with wireless router?...i'm trying to connect my laptop thru wifi...

Salamat po...

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by prince777 View Post

I have the modem that came with the package from pldt..it's only one port for one pc. Can i just just the modem with wireless router?...i'm trying to connect my laptop thru wifi...

Salamat po...
    yes... that is basically the function of the router, as a "multiplier".

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by prince777 View Post

Salamat po...
    Most probably, you can.

Quote Originally Posted by claRkEnt View Post
    yes... that is basically the function of the router, as a "multiplier".
    Just want to clarify. Technically, a router will route packets from one network to another. It doesn't necessarily "multiply." You're referring to multi-port switches/hubs; but since most wireless routers nowadays allow for more than one connection (be it wireless or wired thru Ethernet), they are also switches/hubs, hence, they have a multiplier function, too.

[SIZE=1]13/3,854[/SIZE]
    Last edited by woohoo; July 15th, 2010 at 01:50 PM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    * clark & woohoo...

thanks a lot for that prompt response....

now i'm sure i can buy one....

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I have a pldt dsl modem and I want to buy a wireless router that would enable me to use LAN on my PC and wifi for my laptop. I am clueless on how to set it up. Please help me choose the proper router from the Villman website. I only need a regular router.

Broadband Routers | VillMan Computers

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I have a pldt dsl modem and I want to buy a wireless router that would enable me to use LAN on my PC and wifi for my laptop. I am clueless on how to set it up. Please help me choose the proper router from the Villman website. I only need a regular router.

Broadband Routers | VillMan Computers
    Any practically any wifi router with RJ45 ports the back will be applicable for your needs.

example: D-Link DIR-600 Wireless 150 Router | VillMan Computers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Dsl Modem and wireless router question