New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    hi .. just recently i have installed pldt dsl and installed wireless router.

my question is do I have to shut this down once in a while or when not in use?

or just leave it ON 24/7. sabi kasi baka masira daw yung modem and wireless if d ko pinapahinga?

what do you think?

thank you

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by anthon05 View Post
    hi .. just recently i have installed pldt dsl and installed wireless router.

my question is do I have to shut this down once in a while or when not in use?

or just leave it ON 24/7. sabi kasi baka masira daw yung modem and wireless if d ko pinapahinga?

what do you think?

thank you
    Generally it will be fine to leave it "on" 24/7. I do this with my home network because my ******* download server is also running 24/7.

But if no one is at home / office to use it, unplugging it would save you a few pesos in your electrical bill.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    i'm thinking that if i don't shut it down sometimes it might shorten the life

of the modem and router.

thank you

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by anthon05 View Post
    i'm thinking that if i don't shut it down sometimes it might shorten the life

of the modem and router.

thank you
    I've had a modem and router connected at home and running since 2002. Only time na-off is pag power outage lang. So don't worry about it. Just place them both sa well ventilated location.

Although nag palit ako ng router to a better one march last year.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    if the router comes with the package, ok lang yan. Mine is running for more than two years and when it conked out, pinalitan naman nila for free.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    When I was in a smaller company, we had a residential-type DLink router for our office use. Never turned off for four years with no problem whatsoever. I would advice a good surge suppressor though if you have unstable electricity in your area to protect against sudden spikes.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok lang yan kahit hindi na patayin. though ung amin pinapatay ng ermat ko pag matutulog na kami. hehehe

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    wireless router ko linksys, 4 years na pahinga lang nia walang kuryente hehehe!! so far wala naman problema.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    makisakay na lang dito...

anybody knows where to buy a 3g/hspda modem router??? seen a few selling a ZTE mf600 model. but not one has replied if i need to buy just the sim or buy the USB dongle to use with the unit.

here's one actual pic of one of the seller in the other forum (TPC)
    Last edited by impulzz; July 15th, 2010 at 11:43 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by impulzz View Post
    makisakay na lang dito...

anybody knows where to buy a 3g/hspda modem router???
    I have seen a number of computer shops in V-Mall, Greenhills (3rd floor) selling wifi routers with USB ports for 3G USB modems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Dsl Modem and wireless router question