New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I heard you need to get a license to operate one?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sa russia ba yon drone gamit nila pang deliver ng pizza yung gift sakin phantom looks expensive kaya once ko pa lang nagamit outdoor lagi kasi mahangin dito kakatakot baka masira agad yung china brand ko na cheap lang ok naman sablay lang minsan ang camera at remote

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quiet thread... Ok, I'll make some noise... ;)

About a week ago, I got myself a DJI Phantom 3 Standard.

For size comparison, here's my trainer drone (X5C-1 clone by BayangToys) sitting on top of the Phantom 3.

BayangToys X5C-1 test video:

Phantom 3 Standard test video:

Then, seeing that it's hard to do first-person view (FPV) on my mobile phone in daylight, I made a custom hood that will fit my smartphone and can be attached to the Phantom 3 Standard remote.

It's made out of relatively sturdy but pliable plastic so it can be laid flat or folded to a compact size for packing. Commercial display hoods costs anywhere between P500 to P1,000. The material is from a clearbook cover and even if I had to buy it brand new, only cost me around P60.

Got questions? Ask away!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Nice diy sir...any idea where i can get this?
    imageuploadedbytsikot-forums1455767413.914623.jpg

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by makyong View Post
    Nice diy sir...any idea where i can get this?
    imageuploadedbytsikot-forums1455767413.914623.jpg
    Still relatively new to the hobby. They're kind of rare, if available locally. But there's plenty on eBay and Amazon.

I saw them being sold at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum last year. Now I'm regretting I didn't take home a few.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Did my first evening flight last night at an altitude of 122 meters. From where I'm standing, the Phantom looked eerie in the night sky, almost UFO-like. I guess people who may have seen it were mystified.

So here it is:
    https://youtu.be/ienIaprmvbU

The video has seen some post-processing using Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13. Filtering out the noise is a compromise, and I did so at the expense of losing some picture detail. You can see the original vs processed versions of the same sample clip below. Shows how bad the Phantom 3 Standard's camera is in low light.
    https://youtu.be/7vPei0AP9v4

7. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Sobrang boring Naman mga drone flights sa YouTube, I honestly do t see any use for aerial flights, Birds eye view

I am ordering a Phantom DJ 3 before summer pero I'm not gonna use it for aerial flights, I'm gonna use sa point of view natin like wedding photography with a Quadcopter , now that's more interesting

Or naghanap nga ako ng Quadcopter with a good gimbal coz I plan to get a Blackmagic Pocket Camera to do cinema like footages of streets and cityscapes

Have you seen the movie Indie film Tangerine which was released by Hollywood shot entirely in a iPhone, that would be interesting siguro if I shot a short Film using a Quadcopter and Blackmagic. Minus a crane / jib / boo, crew

Dun ka makikita ang potential ng aerial videography. Not boring aerial top view useless flights

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ^ I know what you mean. But you make it sound too easy.

Before you can do what you plan to do, you will have to start somewhere. Aerial scenery shots are a way to assimilate yourself with the drone... getting familiar with the flight controls, its movement, behavior with and without GPS, best camera angles, panning through camera pitch and yaw control, etc... all while not hitting obstacles, losing video feed and/or RC signal, taking notice of warnings (ie. strong interference, compass errors, while in flight), frequently noting remaining battery power, and generally trying your best not to crash.

Getting the Phantom off the deck is really easy.... any kid can do it right out of the box. But mastering it is different, especially in a panic situation or if you get disoriented in a tight spot.

I don't find it particularly boring. If you have been on this earth long enough, you'd probably realize that just a decade earlier, you'll need a full sized helicopter to take those shots.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    The DJI Phantom 4 is out. Wow!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Wow talaga. Time to save up for this bad boy. So much better than the previous version in terms of usability. Especially for novices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by EQAddict; March 2nd, 2016 at 08:08 AM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast