New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Does your home have at least one flat screen TV (plasma, LCD) ??

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

45 62.50%
  • No.

9 12.50%
  • Still thinking to buy one.

18 25.00%
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Sometimes it is a problem caused by a combination of factors like older TVs and ambient lighting (old style fluorescent tubes). The result is a slight flicking effect from the TV.

well, LCDs have their advantages, especially with older gentlemen like yourself. hehe
    Ang yabang mo naman... sino kayang mas matagal sa tsikot?

Ugh on flourescent bulbs... there are some malls and stores I can't stand to go to because they just plain hurt my eyes.

Agh! Ma just bought a Toshiba LCD... that makes 2 for them (Aquos yung isa) and just a CRT for me...

Oh well... with a little kid in the house (who enjoys trying to tip the TV over...) maybe it's a good idea not to get an LCD yet.
    Last edited by niky; September 28th, 2007 at 04:04 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    That's another beauty of LCD, since it's light, you can easily hang it on the wall.

We did. It's easier to watch knowing it won't stumble due to some careless passerby. hehe.

Now, that's peace of mind.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Got 20" iMac, counted ba ito? After downloading HD, watch na kaagad...

Looking at 32" or 37" Samsung LCD TV, maybe with Apple TV para wireless streaming na of HD movies...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ^^^ That's the beauty of an LCD TV. Space saver na, tipid pa sa kuryente.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    excited na ako mag-christmas para makabili na kami ni hubby pagdating ng bonus nya..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    none yet, intayin ko pa bumaba ng konti price....

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I own a 26 inch Samsung and sobrang bitin na bitin ako (regalo lang kasi). Its true, mag mumura yung price ng mga flat screen. Actually its cheaper already compared to a year ago. I suggest you wait until christmas to get yours since for sure Appliances center will come up with certain discounts and promotions ( free home theater system, Dvd player etc.)

For a more enjoyable viewing experience, I suggest you also get a HD ready DVD player yung may HDMI cable para mas malinaw. Ewan ko lang kung may difference if you play a pirated Dvd.

I think Sony, if im not mistaken, is developing a new kind of technology its called thin film technology (TFT), kasing nipis ng razor blade daw. For the meantime ok na ako sa flat screens.

Hope this helps you in your decision.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I own a 26 inch Samsung and sobrang bitin na bitin ako (regalo lang kasi). Its true, mag mumura yung price ng mga flat screen. Actually its cheaper already compared to a year ago. I suggest you wait until christmas to get yours since for sure Appliances center will come up with certain discounts and promotions ( free home theater system, Dvd player etc.)

For a more enjoyable viewing experience, I suggest you also get a HD ready DVD player yung may HDMI cable para mas malinaw. Ewan ko lang kung may difference if you play a pirated Dvd.

I think Sony, if im not mistaken, is developing a new kind of technology its called thin film technology (TFT), kasing nipis ng razor blade daw. For the meantime ok na ako sa flat screens.

Hope this helps with your decision

9. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    32inch LCD in the apartment.

trying to convince myself not to upgrade.

if i do buy another TV, it will be a rear projection TV. they are very "slim" now and you really get more inches per dollar.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    none yet, intayin ko pa bumaba ng konti price....
    sir bumaba na. nakakuha ako TCL. nilagay ko sa kwarto. hehehe. for sure sa xmas magtataasan yan. bili ka na.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Does your home have at least one flat screen TV (plasma, LCD) ??