New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor View Post
    anong netbook ang ok ang video resolution? i've seen the hp mininote and medyo dissappointed ako sa resolution ng display kasi. hanap ako ng ok ang resolution since gusto ni wifey na tolerable yun video quality kapag mag-play ng movies
    i just saw this one...

GMA booster increases your GMA based device’s graphical performance

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would love to have one, but I'm having a seconf thought about the key boards small size...maahirap mag type...I've borrowed and tried my cousin's netbook and nahihirapan ako mag type.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    had an hp mininote for a week. sold it after.

problem was the screen is to small and the fonts are smaller due to the 1024x768 screen resolution on a small lcd screen. gives me a headache after an hour of use.

2nd was the keyboard, its way too small. cant always press the right shift key without looking at it first. 3rd was the processing speed is too slow. it has the via cpu. not sure how the intel atom performs.

for video playback. dont multi task. it will degrade the performance and will show the video going frame by frame with lines hehehe

and oh yea. with just under and hour and a half of battery time, it sucks big time. even when i minimize the brightness setting.

i think its ok for student use. except when doing some presentation heavy stuffs.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    I would love to have one, but I'm having a seconf thought about the key boards small size...maahirap mag type...I've borrowed and tried my cousin's netbook and nahihirapan ako mag type.
    You can try choosing from netbooks with near full sized keyboards. These would be the ones with ten inch LCD screens. Examples would be:

HP Mini 10" series
    MSi Wind U100 series
    Asus EEE PC 1000H or 1000HE models

i have large hands and i can type well enough with my netbook's keyboard. it might not be 100% like my desktop's keyboard but it is not hunt and peck style as when I tried using a very small netbook like the Asus EEE PC 701.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by baker123 View Post
    had an hp mininote for a week. sold it after.

problem was the screen is to small and the fonts are smaller due to the 1024x768 screen resolution on a small lcd screen. gives me a headache after an hour of use.

2nd was the keyboard, its way too small. cant always press the right shift key without looking at it first. 3rd was the processing speed is too slow. it has the via cpu. not sure how the intel atom performs.

for video playback. dont multi task. it will degrade the performance and will show the video going frame by frame with lines hehehe

and oh yea. with just under and hour and a half of battery time, it sucks big time. even when i minimize the brightness setting.

i think its ok for student use. except when doing some presentation heavy stuffs.
    The early Via CPU based HP mini was kinda slow as compared to newer Atom based netbooks.

Video playback, with my previous and current netbooks, both Atom cpu based, playback were very good even with more than one application running. It is possible you were using MS' mediaplayer which is very inefficient. 3rd party video and audio playback software are much better. Also I upgraded my netbook's to their max memory (Acer Aspire One = 1.5gig and MSi Wind U100 = 2gig) which helps in keeping performance high.

As for the battery, you can't really expect much endurance from a 3 cell battery. Getting a six or even nine cell battery gives a more usable battery life to any netbook. My aftermarket nine cell battery can last 7 hours ... probably under six hours if I was watching movies and videos with the screen set at 50% brightness.

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    my netbook is samsung nc10...ok naman as suplement pc specially if you are always on the go and need to connect to the web ng madalas with its 6-7hrs battery life ok na for a whole day without charging

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    got me one recently

MSI WIND U100

intel atom N280

2GB
    250 HDD
    6 cell

i got me the red one so far so good

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kenzie View Post
    got me one recently

MSI WIND U100

intel atom N280

2GB
    250 HDD
    6 cell

i got me the red one so far so good

I got the same unit. But i got it in black. I was initially offered red but I didn't like the shade of red it came in.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I got the same unit. But i got it in black. I was initially offered red but I didn't like the shade of red it came in.

hey GH got me the red coz pink wasn't an option hehe and i like the white keypads which the black unit doesnt have ... just wondering did you do any uprgade on your unit?

when i bought mine i got me a free optical mouse,sleeve,2GB flashdrive... not too shaby

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kenzie View Post
    hey GH got me the red coz pink wasn't an option hehe and i like the white keypads which the black unit doesnt have ...
    I was looking for either a fully black or a fully white unit at the time.

just wondering did you do any uprgade on your unit?
    I got a nine cell battery to extend the useful life while on battery. The original six cell battery gets me around 4 to 4.5 hours. The nine cell gets 6.5 to 7.5 hours with typical use.

Software, I have installed ROCKETDOCK aside from the usual antivirus and other productivity applications.

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Do you own a NETBOOK?