New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I just got my 350d last week at the appliance fair in Glorietta (para may hulugan at 0% interest :P)... Im very happy with it on the speed and the ease of use in adjustments in the manual settings (for me that is) but i'm longing for more zoom with the stock lens.

Always been a Canon fan since this is what i've been using at the office.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy
    thanks guys another Q,
    what are the hidden cost of this hobby?
    accessories, mem cards, printing?

hidden costs?

polarizers/hoods/filters
    tripod and mini-tripod
    lenses
    bags
    printers with pictbridge
    Mac laptop (kung sa una ayaw mo, pero habang tatagal you'll feel the urge to get one)

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Basta pag bumili ka ng DLSR, get ready to spend almost immediately on:

1. Filters (recommended: U/V and polarizing filter)
    2. Blower brush
    3. Microfibre cloth
    4. Lens cleaning fluid
    5. Camera bag (not the cheap ones you find on your neighborhood camera store)

Once you've gotten these, you'd be well on your way to purchase the following:

1. Separate flash unit (the built-in flash of the DLSR does have some drawbacks)
    2. Tripod
    3. An extra lens unit

Of course, you would want to improve on your craft so you would need to (probably):

1. Enroll yourself in basic photography class
    2. Purchase books on photography (I tell you, one book would never be enough)
    3. Take lots and lots of pictures so that you'd get the hang of your DSLR and improve your photography skills.

expensive hobby

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Nicolodeon,

Do you know of short-term amateur photography classes sa atin? What about printers for photographs? What Canon printer is acceptable?

I am planning of having photography as a hobby. I already have the following EF lenses: EF17-40L, EF-S17-85 IS, EF75-300 IS.

Hopefully, next year baka makabili ako ng EF70-200 L f2.8 IS lens.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hi David.

Well, if you want you can join us at Kameraderie - sister forum ng Tsikot. Our risident Master is offering short-term photography classes at very affordable rates. A lot of students swear by his method. He regularly posts schedules of his classes at Kameraderie. You'd know who he is once you join the community. He is widely recognized for his work.

As for the Canon printer, the best Canon photo printer I've personally tested is the Pixma i950 - real sharp colors. However, may Pixma i960 na so you might wanna look at that. You might also want to check-out or do some research on the Pixma i4200. It' s one of the more affordable but quality photo printers from Canon.

BTW, anong Canon body ang gamit mo?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kimpoy,

sa printing I would highly recommend the epson series na photo capable. mine is just a R210 series pero ok na ang printing quality on glossy photo paper (lalaban na sa kodak print-outs). cost is less than P8,000 lang ang printer late last year.

but the newer versions ng epson is higher in resolutions pa but more expensive. If you want a bigger (small poster A3 size) printout, merun din silang ganung model pero mas mahal din ng konti. Really good A3 printers can cost nearly P20k.

I also used a continuous ink system (brandname "bottomless ink")...cost me another P4500 pero sulit kasi ang mura ng ink nito...my estimated printing cost per page is less than a peso per page (A4 or short bond size). The quality is at par sa real epson ink printout. So far hindi rin ako nakapuna ng "fading" ng printout.

Photopaper ko ay generic lang....I use a brand called ELIT and those sold by CDR King...parehong okay naman ang printout.

In my opinion, I'll get muna an entry level DSLR (one that can simulate na minor features of the high end ones)...and then improve from there. It is always easier to sell low end DSLR (even at a little loss) than high end ones in case na pagsawaan mo or ayawan mo na ito. Pede mo ring i-hand-me-down sa anak mo yun instead of selling it...then kumuha ka ng mas high end.

In my opinion (unless I am printing big print-outs) a 2 to 4 megapixel camera will do good prints na. Adjustable lens (minimum 4x optical) with wide view capability and a night-shot capability should be a minimum capability for my entry level.

Marami ng magagawa na basic photography functions ito and cost is probably less than P20,000.

Tapos if you couple this with some Photoshop enhancements, the photo printout can simulate a high-end camera print-out (but you need a good computer that can handle Photoshop well). Yung camera skill mas less na with Photoshop.

But... that is just me... it is still your call.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hold off muna, may kamag anak sa jersey area si misis...baka dun ako pa scout....
    Last edited by kimpOy; July 4th, 2006 at 09:05 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Nicolodeon,

I'll try to get to the website you recommended.

My SLR bodies are: Canon Kiss Digital which I bought last year and EOS 30D (last month ko nabili) and which I am now using.

Last month at the photo store pinag-isipan ko whether to buy the EOS 30D with EF-S17-85 lens or the Nikon D200 with lens set. The Nikon set was a bit more expensive but not by much. However, I started with Canon last year so I had to continue with Canon.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Nicolodeon,

Checked the Kameraderie site and haven't been to that site for some time. Will just browse through every now and then. Thanks.

Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Digital SLR