New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guys, need your help...

Am currently deciding on which DigiCam to get...

My first choice is the Fuji Finepix 3800, 3.2MP, 6X Optical Zoom. A slightly used one is being offered to me (with a 128MB XD Card) for about 25K.

My second choice is the Olympus C-740 Ultra Zoom, 3.2MP, 10X Optical Zoom, 3X Digital Zoom. A brand new one is selling for about 20K.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Image not shown.

Fuji uses Smart Media memory cards, slight bigger than your common cards. 128MB is being sold for 2,500 brand new.

But the Olympus unit offers 4X more zoom with 3X digital zooming. I'm not quite sure of the quality on both units. I have only used Fuji FinePix 2300 which only had 2X digital zoom and max 2.1MP only.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    here's the pix of the olympus

my friend said that when using the 10x optical zoom of the olympus, you would have to use a tripod to get a decent shot...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi naman siguro kailangan ng tripod, just anchor your arms to be able to support for a steady and more vivid shots. It's only 10X zoom, may mas mahahaba pang lenses. :D

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i say take the olympus. go for brand new (and i assume it has warranty). 10x optical zoom, although not huge by professional standards, is already powerful. already at par with some compact minidv camcorders. it's value for money. u can buy cheaper 128mb memory card elsewhere if u want.

6. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    If you're going for the Oly, get the C-750 instead of the 740. You get 4MP, ISO50, sound with the video recording and a flash hotshoe.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pare, if youre gonna spend P20k-P24k on a digital camera, why not get a bnew Pentax Optio S 4MP or Casio Exilim Z4.

Both use non-proprietary SD/MMC Cards for expansion, have 3x Optical 4x Digital zoom. The casio even has a 2" LCD screen. I had the 3.2MP version of the Exilim and am going to get the 4MP version this weekend.

If you see how small these babies are, youll forget about the olympuses!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I suggest you also checkout canon and kodak brands and compare, though I guess it could be higher in price for your powerful optical zoom preference. Better yet browse the internet to check the comparison among brands/model and the customer reviews to help you decide.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pk, gusto ko kasi yung mas higher sa 3x ang optical zoom... parang bitin ang 3x kasi...

pati mas gusto ko yung malaking digicam... hehehe... ewan... trip ko yung malaking lenses ng olympus and fuji...

mikline, mahal ang canon and kodak... not the best bang for the buck cameras when am looking around... from the reviews... best bang for the buck ang olympus...

irmscher, kaso 5K rin ang difference ng C750!!! ang parang satisfied na ako sa 3.2MP... hindi ko naman i print kasi ang mga photos...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    m2, ah I see 10x zoom is nice. ganyan yung very 1st digicam ko yung floppy pa ang bala. I suggest you get a 4MP na pareng John!

click this link --> www.stevesdigicams.com

Digital Cams