New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    hala, grabe namang pahiya to sa Datablitz, I've been a suki sa datablitz since I got my PS3.. Legit lahat ng copy nila, mura pa compared kung bibili ka sa ibang store. X-play? ang alam ko sa Online gaming thing sila e pero shocked ako na sila pala ang exclusive distributor ng 2k13 dito sa Pinas. They did not even advertise na sila ang mag-didistribute ng 2k13. weeew. Datablitz has to take action on this, their branding is on the line.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Politically news report...

P2.65-M worth of unauthorized gaming software seized from DataBlitz stores
    By: J.M. Tuazon, InterAksyon.com
    November 6, 2012 3:12 PM

MANILA, Philippines -- Illegally sourced software products worth P2.65 million were seized by the Philippine National Police's Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) from several outlets in Metro Manila of a major gaming and software store.

Police conducted raids in DataBlitz outlets based on a complaint filed against the store by X-Play Online Games, Inc., a local distributor of computer gaming software and operator of online multiplayer games.

"This stemmed from the complaint lodged by the head of security of IPE-G, the owner of X-Play," CIDG spokesperson Sr. Insp. Kim Gonzales toild InterAksyon.com in a phone interview Monday night.

X-Play, a joint venture between IP E-Games Inc. and GMA New Media, Inc., is the exclusive distributor of Blizzard and NBA computer gaming titles in the Philippines.

Eleven search warrants against DataBlitz were issued by the courts, which "were applied last October 31," according to Gonzales.

The DataBlitz branches raided by the police are located in Megamall, Market! Market!, Robinson's Galleria, Rockwell Power Plant, Greenbelt, Expo Exchange, Virra Mall Greenhills, and Robinson's Magnolia, among other outlets.

The software products in question include the recently released NBA 2K13 game, which is exclusively distributed locally by X-Play. DataBlitz has reportedly not been appointed by X-Play as a reseller for the said game title.

Other gaming titles were also reportedly seized by the police, but Gonzales was not able to identify which specific titles they were.

Contrary to earlier reports by some news outlets, the pieces of software seized from DataBlitz were neither counterfeit nor pirated, but were just sold without proper authorization from the local distributor, according to the CIDG official.

Gonzales said DataBlitz would be charged with violation of Section 168 of Republic Act 8293, or the law on unfair competition.

X-Play and DataBlitz could not be immediately reached for comment as of posting time.

DataBlitz, a 100-store retail chain of gaming software and other entertainment products, is just one of the very few remaining stores in the Philippines where gamers and enthusiasts can order legitimate copies of their favorite computer games.

Recently, DataBlitz became a venue for local pre-orders of popular gaming titles such as Blizzard's Diablo III and World of Warcraft.
    http://www.interaksyon.com/article/4...tablitz-stores
    Last edited by Monseratto; November 6th, 2012 at 05:06 PM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    X-Play, a joint venture between IP E-Games Inc. and GMA New Media, Inc., is the exclusive distributor of Blizzard and NBA computer gaming titles in the Philippines.
    ^^

a subsidiary of IPVG

IPVG CORP (IP:Philippines): Stock Quote & Company Profile - Businessweek

IPVG Corp., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the information technology and telecommunications, online computer games, and business process outsourcing businesses. The company provides managed data services and business solutions, as well as offers Internet data center and network services, Internet connectivity services, IP transport services, and Prolexic distributed denial of service mitigation detection and protection system, as well as Salesforce.com on-demand business solutions, IP-converge voice over Internet call exchange suite, and IP-converge financial systems. It also offers massively multiplayer online role-playing game, an online computer role playing game; and casual online games. In addition, the company’s services include the processing of local and international remittances, e-commerce via the acceptance of Internet based debit and credit card payments, issuance of debit cards, and retail merchant acquisition. IPVG Corp. serves customers primarily in Asia, Europe, and America. The company is based in Makati City, the Philippines.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    kaya pala malakas ang loob ng X-play

malaki ang mothership

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by testament11 View Post
    Then from here, you can now create some conspiracy theories
    No need for consiracy theories. I was privy into the backside happenings of the NBI for a while a few years back.

BTT:
    I do think Datablitz will retaliate on this matter. Tsaka who was that X-Play? Never heard of that one until this news came out.

I am sure they will get back at X-Play either by legal or other means.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sounds so much like what AMDG did with starcraft, counterstrike, etc almost ten years ago.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Their issue is Blizzard Games at yun NBA 2k13. What happens sa ibang games, like those released by EA Games at mga console games? Do I smell monopoly here or bullying? Eh 90's palang andyan na ang Datablitz at alam ng lahat na very good ang kanilang reputation when it comes to legit software.

Oh one thing...

Diablo 3 was released last May pero hindi nag-react ang X-Play regarding this. AFAIK, those D3 copies sold by X-Play (under E-Games) were more expensive than those sold by Datablitz. Now comes NBA 2k13 and they now reacted furiously. Just thinking, di kaya mahina ang sales ni X-Play kaya ganito ang ginawa niya?

There's one retailer na affiliated ke X-Play, which is direct competitor ng Datablitz, which is i-Tech.
    Last edited by testament11; November 6th, 2012 at 05:47 PM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    in the end consumers parin kawawa dito.. i have nothing agaist buying from authorized resellers. pero sana reasonably priced. like Apple, if you know how, you can get it from authorized resellers a little more expensive if not at par with US prices.

madalas kasi ang laki ng patong ng authorized resellers.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by testament11 View Post
    Their issue is Blizzard Games at yun NBA 2k13. What happens sa ibang games, like those released by EA Games at mga console games? Do I smell monopoly here or bullying? Eh 90's palang andyan na ang Datablitz at alam ng lahat na very good ang kanilang reputation when it comes to legit software.

Oh one thing...

Diablo 3 was released last May pero hindi nag-react ang X-Play regarding this. AFAIK, those D3 copies sold by X-Play (under E-Games) were more expensive than those sold by Datablitz. Now comes NBA 2k13 and they now reacted furiously. Just thinking, di kaya mahina ang sales ni X-Play kaya ganito ang ginawa niya?

There's one retailer na affiliated ke X-Play, which is direct competitor ng Datablitz, which is i-Tech.
    May point ka sir, mukhang mahina sales ni X-Play kaya niya ginagawa to, most of us I believe are not aware that X-play is the main distributor of 2k13. Mas mura kasi talaga sa Datablitz, maganda pa ang serbisyo.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    gusto ng X-Play sa kanila lang kayo bibili. period

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Datablitz raided for selling "pirated" software