New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    May feedback na from Sony Service Center - estimate cost:

labor - PhP800
    defect LCD part replacement - PhP25500

Grabe! Mas mahal pa yung part replacement sa brand new 40" smart TV. Most probably we will be buying a new one. For the defective tv, may marerecommend pa ba kayong repair center or or mga electrician outside Sony? Just to double check kung sa LCD talaga ang sira.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Di ba sinabi kung anung board yung sira or part kasi 25k is too much.btw di kailangan 2 3 days para mahanap sira nung tv ngayn kasi may diagnostic tool na mins lang e alam na.di naman nila kailangan signal tracing dahil ang problem ay supply ng tv kaya kamote yung napagdalhan mo especially kapag di nya detail yung sira syo.pa second opinion ka.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by nhel0719 View Post
    Di ba sinabi kung anung board yung sira or part kasi 25k is too much.btw di kailangan 2 3 days para mahanap sira nung tv ngayn kasi may diagnostic tool na mins lang e alam na.di naman nila kailangan signal tracing dahil ang problem ay supply ng tv kaya kamote yung napagdalhan mo especially kapag di nya detail yung sira syo.pa second opinion ka.
    *Nhel0719
    Ang sabi is LCD screen panel daw ang papalitan. Yun nga ang nakakapagtaka, mas mahal pa yung parts na papalitan compared sa isang buong brand new TV na mas modern pa. Sa Sony Service Center ko na ito pinacheck. Meron silang PhP550 na checkup fee, iparepair man yung unit or hindi, so I'm thinking if dalhin ko pa sa ibang Sony service center. Baka ganun din ang sabihin, masasayang lang ang PhP550. Thanks!

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    yung TV namin na nasira din ng lightning surge, dinala ko sa ACT banawe for repair nung saturday. may IC chip daw na sira. i gave them a budge of 1,200 to repair. they will try to fix it within the budget daw.

should i decide that it's too expensive to repaid and pull out the unit, they will charge me 500 for diagnosis fee. which i think is reasonable naman since they need to pay the technician also.

may isa pa akong TV na sira due to lightning surge, hindi ko pa pinapaayos. check ko muna kung ok ba sa ACT.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by eminem6480 View Post

labor - PhP800

Grabe! Mas mahal pa yung part replacement sa brand new 40" smart TV. Most probably we will be buying a new one. For the defective tv, may marerecommend pa ba kayong repair center or or mga electrician outside Sony? Just to double check kung sa LCD talaga ang sira.

Thanks!
    at that price, i'd get a new unit and sell the defective one for scrap or spare parts.
    or you can sweep the internet for used TVs.. these usually sell for considerably less than their brand new brothers.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    They are essentially discouraging you from having it repaired and to sway you into purchasing a new one. They introduce new models every few months and maintaining the logistics and inventory of parts for older models costs them a lot of money.

When I was a young techie, I was once part of an in-house service team that fixes dot-matrix, laser and line printers. We did them the old-fashioned way... component level repairs. But in rare cases where the PCB becomes practically unusable (ie. corrosion/rat-piss and vermin damage), we would make recommendations to have the whole system board replaced. One particular board costs P13k in late-90's money. And that was just the buy-price from the principal.

But that's hardly the funny part. At that time, the same printer costs P11k, brand new. Yes.. the system board was inexplicably more expensive than the whole damned printer. :D
    Last edited by oj88; October 13th, 2014 at 06:23 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    you guys think this device will prevent appliance damage due to those potentially destructive power surges?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    No, that is just a power-on-delay which couldn't correct a surge occurring in a fraction of a second. Those pod's are more useful on motorized or lagging power loads.

Electronics are more protected when connected to a ups(with proper grounding).

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

9. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by eminem6480 View Post

labor - PhP800

Thanks!
    If you are not buying yet alam ko may trade in promo
    they will give you a 8k certificate

Tapos to prevent that from happening again buy a Monster power (power outlet)
    retails at 10k kahit kumidlat pa safe na safe ang TV mo

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Belkin surge protector is a good alternative. Cheaper also.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234