New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Guys, if you were to choose, is the D-Link DIR-615N better than the DIR-300G model? It’s said to be because of the wider range though pricier by close to 2K pesos with lifetime warranty compared to Linksys' 1. btw it’s going to be use for a less than 300 sq m area.

ISP is PLDT DSL.

Thanks

DIR-615 N

DIR-300 G

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    sorry mods, please delete the identical thread. thanks

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    D-Link DIR-615N -- because its a wireless "N" router. Being of the N standard, it has slightly better wifi range and speed than the equivalent G router.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Neither. Dlink sucks.

Just get Edimax Nmax (WiFi-N). It's about 2600 or 2,700 lang. It's pearl-white (parang Apple mac) router with 3 antennas.

Tested it with Apple MacBook Pro and Desktop Wifi both registered 300Mbps connections :-)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last september bumili ako sa DIR-615N 2400 lang so far ok naman ginamit nain sa Smart Bro. wala lang ako time mag set ng passkey hinayaan ko na wala naman nagamit nearby. pero Ok ang range nya at speed

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i chose the 615N model for 4.3K with lifetime warranty sa supplier ng office namin. sinabay ko na dito sa HP 540 notebook. so far no prob pa naman since kagabi, uninterrupted naman at malayo nga ang range.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Lifetime warranty?? wow.

The problems I've encountered with D-Link before are just hangs and burned boards so i stopped using them in my network installations for about 2yrs na. Ok lang naman kasi nasira sira less than six months so napa-warranty ko naman but the hassle can't be compensated kasi. Never had a problem with Edimax yet.

Hopefully nag-improve na.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have been using TP-Link routers for a while and they have been more dependable than the Linksys routers I previously used.

These routers are really cheap sa Octagon ngayon. Bad trip lang sa DLink is that you can't use a 3rd party firmware (e.g. DD-WRT, OpenWRT, Tomato), so you're stuck with their firmware and their slow releases. And their firmware is always specific to model+hardware version.

Still waiting for N to be made official (still Draft N 2.0). So I'm using ASUS as my main router, and Buffalo routers (1 as AP, 1 as wireless client bridge). All wifi-G, and using DD-WRT. This setup replaced my old DLink DI-524 and WBR-300.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Problem naman ng linksys yung overheat. pag bumabagal connection, restart nyo lang, bibilis ulit.

D-Link DIR-615N or DIR-300G Wireless Router