New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    I need a cellphone that will be used mainly for making and receiving calls. Will be used mostly for conference calls with clients, while on the go.

So the main feature should be:

- very clear voice calls - both when using the unit itself or using it connected to a headset.

- headset should have the 3.5mm jack, i find the ones used on Ericsson phone to be prone to disconnections. a handy mute button should be a bonus.

- highly sensitive signal(whether using globe or smart, etc). i know it usually depends on the carrier, but if there's a phone with higher sensitivity than others(all things being equal), then i'd prefer that.

- not overly pricey, since main use of this will only be making/receiving calls.

i don't care much about other features such as camera, nn-gig expansion, media player, tv out, wi-fi, hsdpa, PIM, or any other features that adds cost to the unit. i have a separate equipment for those things. but they're a plus if i get the main features mentioned above.

i'm not brand conscious either as long as i get the features i want, and the phone doesn't last a month or two only, that's fine.

also, doesn't have to be the latest models, if there are older models that are known to have those features above, i'll probably be willing to look at pre-owned, mint or old stock units.

Can you guys suggest any?

I know... it's like looking for an SiR.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    we have a winnar

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    get a philips mobile phone. they are known to have the best and longest battery life in the market. i think i've seen one at the park square area at around 6-7k.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cablespy View Post
    we have a winnar

hahaha! ok, not that old. only models above 5110, and with Lithium-Ion battery So that means, probably within the last 2-3 years(hopefully price has significantly gone down).

i check the 6110 price and that of phillips.

Anything else? I read that Nokia 6120 classic also has excellent voice call quality. Will be checking if the price fits the budget.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nokia N80 is good and relatively cheap with lots of features. But it's a battery hog which means a full charge would only last a day if you call a lot. If not, 1.75 days.

With the proper software installed and gprs/3g enabled account, you can even turn this celfone into a wifi hotspot.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; November 17th, 2008 at 03:22 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    eto siguro ang the best para sa inyo sir

SGH-D780 business mobile phone dual sim card slot, pede kang gumamit ng dalawang sim cart na gusto mo like globe, smart

link

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Why not consider the Nokia 1200? I got that phone for a mere Php1,500, complete with a one year warranty from Nokia Philippines.

Reason why I got this phone is because I wanted a cheap, functional, no-nonsense phone for Sun. And I got more than what I paid for: battery life of about 2-3 days with moderate calling and texting, "small-pin" Nokia charger (compatible with the late model Nokias and the N-Series), and it can call and text, which is really all I need.

http://www.nokia.com.ph/link?cid=PLAIN_TEXT_411478
    http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_1200-1976.php

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by russpogi View Post
    Why not consider the Nokia 1200? I got that phone for a mere Php1,500, complete with a one year warranty from Nokia Philippines.

Reason why I got this phone is because I wanted a cheap, functional, no-nonsense phone for Sun. And I got more than what I paid for: battery life of about 2-3 days with moderate calling and texting, "small-pin" Nokia charger (compatible with the late model Nokias and the N-Series), and it can call and text, which is really all I need.

http://www.nokia.com.ph/link?cid=PLAIN_TEXT_411478
    http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_1200-1976.php
    Tama, mga 3-4 days ang tinatagal ng battery nyan base sa mga na-encounter o mga feedback sa customers ko. kaya mas ok pa yan, napakamura pa!

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Samsung D880 Dual Active Sim. 11k lang. Very good batt life (high cap).

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Best buy cellphone for calls only as main use.