New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    crocs or not, I think first and foremost the parents should be the one responsible when their children especially toddler is riding in escalator...heck, she should not even allowed her child to stand on the escaltor, dapat binuhat na lang niya...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    thanks for the warning.. OT: i guess that's the reason they placed those side brushes on the escalators at Glorietta 4.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mas delikadong binubuhat ang isang toddler sa escalator, there's a chance na ma-off balance yung parent, especially if it's the mother who's carrying the kid. Just take extra precaution nalang when your kid is wearing crocs while riding the escalator.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Not really... carrying a kid isn't like carrying a package... most parents can center their weight when carrying a kid... natural instinct...

But it's a good reminder to us to watch the kids while they're on the escalator... although how some escalators get away with having such wide void areas on the side (very unsafe in any case) is something that government regulators should address.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hehe when I was about 3yo, i left blood trails from my buttcheeks in the old virra mall escalators... sat down, the edge gripped my undies, and dragged down.. Good thing nothing happened to jr. hehe...

Till this day, my mom laughs about it...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks for the heads up...

pati siguro yung mga naka japeks na crocs kasi yung pagka rubber nya ang cause

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by NazQ View Post
    thanks for the warning.. OT: i guess that's the reason they placed those side brushes on the escalators at Glorietta 4.
    that is for safety pala, akala ko pang shine ng shoes ko eh...hehehhe

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    We should also ban meatballs since people could choke on them, so should fork, chopsticks, pens, pencils etc. etc. etc.

:fly:

edit blaming the shoe = WTF!!!

edit2 those are some stupid kids.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    di lang naman sa crocs pwede mangyari yan, dati I was with my dad on the escalator, ung old building pa na where landmark stands now. he was holding my hand but me being a 3 yr old, kid medyo slow at clumsy pa, kinain nung escalator "base plate" (where the moving steps meet the floor, yung may mga ipin) yung spartan ko. buti bumigay aagad yung tsinelas at di inabot toes ko. but a few weeks later I was palying wih my friend and he wanted to go up and down the escalator, but i refused kasi nga kinain na spartan ko. so sige dun pa din sya naglaro, umupo sya sa escalator at kinukulit ako na sumama, sabi ko ayaw ko nga, pag dating sa ground floor, nahuli sya ng tayo, kinain nung "base plate" yung short nya inabot yuing pwet nya, buti narinig ng guard at napindot agad stop. pero too late na din kasi dugo na pwet nya. i just froze sa 2nd floor looking at him.

singling out a single brand is just a way of passing the blame. parents have to be on the look out when their kids horse around. for sure you have seen kids, pagdating sa dulo ng escalator hindi hahakbang, parang try nila yung nakikita nila sa "Jetsons cartoons" na you just slide off after the ride.

buti yung crocs nya lang kinain, kung regualr spartan or havaianas yan, abot toes nyan.

ang also building management should also inspect their escalators minsan kasi angat yung base plate, parang mga buwaya tuloy na nakaabang sayo, ready to bite.
    Last edited by impulzz; August 21st, 2007 at 02:31 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
CROCS and Escalator accidents... Be careful esp for kids...