New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Thanks GH, I did what you suggested and it worked!

But I find it weird that before this, some of my devices have internet while others don't.

My guess, with all three routers set on 192.168.1.xx, the IP assigned by DHCP to your devices gave it a random chance to either have a connection or have a conflicting address which resulted in no internet connection.

I assumed that each IP address assigned to each device is meant to last a few hours before expiring. So a device connected today may have problems connecting a few days later.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My iPhone still doesn't have internet. All my other devices can connect to the internet already.
    Upon checking the IP of my iPhone, it was assigned an IP of 169.254.xxx.xxx.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My iPhone still doesn't have internet. All my other devices can connect to the internet already.
    Upon checking the IP of my iPhone, it was assigned an IP of 169.254.xxx.xxx.
    I suggest you reset the router where the iphone attempted to connect. That should let the iphone get assigned a new IP address inline with the 192.168.xx.xx set.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That did the trick. Ang bobo ko talaga sa mga network ekek

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That did the trick. Ang bobo ko talaga sa mga network ekek
    Don't blame yourself if you can't solve the problem. Sometimes it is easier to solve a problem if you aren't in the middle of it.

I am just glad that my network config skills are still something so many years after I have left working as a computer network tech.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Also given that WiFi-N adapters are relatively cheap, it might be worth the money to upgrade older WiFi-G stuff to the N standard.

Brand I prefer is TP-LINK. Cheap with reliability & good performance.
    Yes TP-LINK is proven already and is cheap but reliable. Ok din warranty service.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My iPhone can't connect to the internet again when using router3. I reset router1 & router3 but the iPhone was always given an IP of 169.xxx.xxx.xxx.

8. Join Date
    May 2011
    My iPhone can't connect to the internet again when using router3. I reset router1 & router3 but the iPhone was always given an IP of 169.xxx.xxx.xxx.
    router3 according to you is NOT DHCP enabled that is why you are not getting a valid IP.. -Enable DHCP on router3 and make sure it gives you IP range same as router1

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by xninjax View Post
    router3 according to you is NOT DHCP enabled that is why you are not getting a valid IP.. -Enable DHCP on router3 and make sure it gives you IP range same as router1
    But why does my other devices able to obtain a valid IP from router3 and not my iPhone?

10. Join Date
    May 2011
    But why does my other devices able to obtain a valid IP from router3 and not my iPhone?
    hmmnn indeed. 169.xxx.xxx.xx is usually automatically assigned when DHCP connection fails (read up on APIPA) I just dont know why it happens only to your iphone. ugh..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Connected to wifi but no internet