New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 21 of 96 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Whats a good compressed air cleaner duster for laptops/desktops.

Am looking for something portable/rechargeable and with good air pressure?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Whats a good compressed air cleaner duster for laptops/desktops.

Am looking for something portable/rechargeable and with good air pressure?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Leaf blower.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Inorder ko lang from Lazada yung case ko before. Mura nga (600 lang IIRC) pero 1 year lang tumagal. Better buy yung mga branded like yung mga nasa Powermac. Yung sa MBP ng dad ko parang 2 years na hindi parin nasisira yung Speck case niya, parang 1.8k ata yun. Plus the branded ones have better design for cooling too and manipis lang din.

Edit: So I read around and generally people advise against using cases and covers because of the heating issue. So probably won't get a replacement case anymore for my laptop. Di naman siya usually nababagsak pag ginagamit, damage happens during transport and I have a laptop case for that.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Eyeing Speck also, sa picture ko pa lang nakita eh pero sana slim pa din kahit installed na.

Ayan nag dalawang isip ako mag lagay ng case hehe tsaka walang vent / holes underneath yung MBA paano kaya singawan neto.

Quote Originally Posted by SpinCycle View Post
    I personally don’t use cases on the MBs I’ve owned. But I do put them in a slip cover when I carry them in a bag (to prevent scratches).

I did drop one of them a few years back onto a concrete pavement which left a small dent on the side. A plastic encased laptop might have shattered with bits flying everywhere.

I’ve become a lot more careful when taking them out of my bag now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    OC lang talaga ako siguro kase bago, lilipas din ito pero one thing for sure takaw gasgas where you got your slip cover? Para nga din pag nilagay sa bag.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Eyeing Speck also, sa picture ko pa lang nakita eh pero sana slim pa din kahit installed na.

Ayan nag dalawang isip ako mag lagay ng case hehe tsaka walang vent / holes underneath yung MBA paano kaya singawan neto.

OC lang talaga ako siguro kase bago, lilipas din ito pero one thing for sure takaw gasgas where you got your slip cover? Para nga din pag nilagay sa bag.

When transporting the laptop without a bag, good to have a sleeve with sufficient protection:

Tapos best to use a bag with a separate laptop compartment with padding. If wala, then use a sleeve like above before putting it in the bag to avoid scratches.

Last edited by jut703; May 18th, 2020 at 09:40 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post

I got mine from The North Face. I think may water resistance din sya since I got caught in the rain once and my bag got drenched but the laptop stayed dry. Computer and Laptop Tech Thread

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I use the polyster version of case logic plus a "telon" in between the kb and screen to avoid scratching the inside surface.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    I use the polyster version of case logic plus a "telon" in between the kb and screen to avoid scratching the inside surface.

Do not use palm rest or keycap covers on a Mac notebook with a Retina display - Apple Support

I also use a keyboard cover (to mitigate the crappy butterfly keyboard feel) but the article above advises against it because it can damage the AR coating of the screen.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^I cover cam of my laptaps with paper and scotch tape as safety precaution. Even during zoom meetings i'd turn vid off and use profile pic instead.

My previous biz loptops got scratches on the LCD surface esp the one i used to leave inside the vehicle.

edit: the cover i'm referring to is just a telon like felt paper that i buy at textile shops then cut size that fits the screen area not the chicklet-type kb cover.
    Last edited by 12vdc; May 19th, 2020 at 08:59 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Do not use palm rest or keycap covers on a Mac notebook with a Retina display - Apple Support

I also use a keyboard cover (to mitigate the crappy butterfly keyboard feel) but the article above advises against it because it can damage the AR coating of the screen.

I also used to have a keyboard cover on my macbook pro to prevent dust from getting into the crevices which is the primary cause of the butterfly switch issues. But it started marking the screen and I just decided to stop using the cover. I now opt to clean the keyboard with compressed air.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinCycle View Post
    I also used to have a keyboard cover on my macbook pro to prevent dust from getting into the crevices which is the primary cause of the butterfly switch issues. But it started marking the screen and I just decided to stop using the cover. I now opt to clean the keyboard with compressed air.

Did it damage your screen though? Mine also marks with the keyboard cover but natatanggal naman with a microfiber cloth. Recently I've been removing the cover when not in use but it's kind of a hassle. Not sure if it really has a long term impact if you have a keyboaed cover all the time.