New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    mas ok bang me QWERTY pad ung PDA? i'll be using organizer/calendar functions heavily compared to the other bells and whistles...pakiramdam ko kasi medyo awkward pag touchscreen lang

also, has anyone been using PDA w/ WiFi? in general, is the experience OK? afaik ung mga sites na nababrowser mo won't look the same on a PDA given its limited screen size.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    the organizer/calendar feature won't require heavy text input (unlike word processing and spreadsheet work). you'll be ok with the touchscreen text input feature. it takes a while to get used to pero once you get the hang of it, you'll be grafitti-ing or longhand writing on your pda with ease. besides, most of the built in qwerty keypads are just too small for serious work - you might as well get a full size keyboard add-in if you really need to use one in the future.

windows based pdas generally feature a better web experience. may mga instances din na hindi nare-render yung mga sidebars, animations (flash and java), and sometimes even entire pages lalo na kapag malapit na mapuno yung ram. web browsing on palm os based pdas is a much more anorexic experience -mas mabagal, mas maraming sites na di kayang buksan, etc.

what specific pda models are you interested in?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    mas ok meron qwerty pad. i use mine to take notes sa meetings with clients para di notebook yung bitbit ko parati. mas maganda pa din meron tactile keys kesa sa puro touch screen ang input.

ok din meron wifi connection. pero di mo din naman magagamit parati. nagamit ko lang wifi ng pda ko around once or twice since buying it last year.

i have the o2 xda mini s pala in case you're wondering.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    particularly interested in the Palm Tungsten TX and iPAQ rx1950 -- for the simple reason that they're the cheapest B) wala akong mahanap na me QWERTY pad that's within 20k-30k

i'm test driving my cousin's Tungsten C right now...been thinking about buying it, kaso walang WPA/WPA2 encryption. chances are i won't use it naman, but for some reason it bothers me...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    particularly interested in the Palm Tungsten TX and iPAQ rx1950 -- for the simple reason that they're the cheapest B) wala akong mahanap na me QWERTY pad that's within 20k-30k

i'm test driving my cousin's Tungsten C right now...been thinking about buying it, kaso walang WPA/WPA2 encryption. chances are i won't use it naman, but for some reason it bothers me...
    i think my bayaw got an older gen dopod with qwerty keyboard for about 30k. tanong ko mamaya. oks lang walang wireless security if you plan to use your pda sa public wifi hotspots. pero kung gusto mong gamitin primarily with your home router, medyo may problema nga.

add: wala daw built-in keyboard yung dopod. may kasama lang na full size wired keyboard sa package. he wouldn't recommend din daw kasi hirap pa-service.
    Last edited by metatron; February 28th, 2007 at 06:21 PM. Reason: nagteks bak na si bayaw

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you really want a full qwerty keyboard, get the one's that have a slide out keyboard. mas malaki yung keys. yung sa ipaqs, maliit na yung keys, sacrificed pa yung screen size.

pero kung primarily organizer/calendar mo lang gagamitin, i agree with metatron. you won't need a qwerty keyboard for that. ok na yung touchscreen input.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    meron pa bang nabibiling Wifi SD card? plano ko sana, get a tungsten(w/ qwerty pad) tapos salpakan ko na lang ng wifi sd card. hassle lang nga if i need to insert an SD card for extra storage.

wacha think?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meron pa naman siguro. and meron din naman Wifi SD Card na may memory na. pero istorbo kasi yung nakausli yung wifi part ng card. better get a PDA with built-in wifi na if you'll be buying a new one.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    badkuk,

have you checked out palmone Treo 650 or the new 680?

The Palm OS platform is more stable than Windows mobile...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    try www.mapalad.org to know more about Palm PDAs.
    Now as to your inquiry about qwerty keyboard on PDA it depends, so far treo and HP iPaqs is doing it right in terms of form factor. Most people claim that they can type faster, however the downside is you use 2 thumbs. Nokia communicator type of layout is kinda bulky and it may be bigger than the iPaq or treo but the layout made it diffucult to input fast.

*docgorio, most people claim that treo is better than iPaq because of the ease of use and more stable, and i agree with you. however there are times na naghahung ang Palm, i'm not sure with windows mobile so no comment there. But a lot of people prefer palm talaga because of its easier to use and great after sales support din.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Q's for PDA users