Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    like saying they have done it but proved to be a futile attempt

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    like saying they have done it but proved to be a futile attempt
    It wasn't exactly futile. The pc hardware had to be similar to the Intel Macs. For a while, there were numerous reports on the internet about pc's running OSX. Some even had the iApps functioning fine. It's all gee whiz stuff, though. Those who did it probably wanted to show it could be done. But for most people, it's not worth the effort jumping through hoops to get it working.....

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ganda grabe, panalo graphics,.. yun nga lang mahal ng bala, halos mamulubi pinsan ko sa tate eh!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    It wasn't exactly futile. The pc hardware had to be similar to the Intel Macs. For a while, there were numerous reports on the internet about pc's running OSX. Some even had the iApps functioning fine. It's all gee whiz stuff, though. Those who did it probably wanted to show it could be done. But for most people, it's not worth the effort jumping through hoops to get it working.....
    I think the biggest hurdle is the EFI that replaces BIOS... probably those with access to EFI technology or those who can write an EFI emulator may run the Mac OS X...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by staind View Post
    was in GH last weekend.

P21K ang Xbox 360 bundled with 10 P-games. (me P-games na for 360!!!) daming bumibili nito.

P47K ang PS3 with 60Gb and 3 orig games.

la akong nakitang Wii pero sa mall, P30~P35K ang Wii, mahal pa sa 360!!
    Ask ko lang. Yung mga Xbox ba kailangan pa convert for it to play Pirated games? Kasi kung wala pang pirated games for PS3 and big difference sa price. I might buy the 360 na lang. Right now undecided pa ko.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    I think the biggest hurdle is the EFI that replaces BIOS... probably those with access to EFI technology or those who can write an EFI emulator may run the Mac OS X...
    OT
    Anything on a chip can be emulated via software. It still takes a lot of effort to get them done. At this point, the prices of Macs (especially laptops) have dropped to a point where they're affordable. So the whole effort is mostly academic. I'm fixing to replace my G4 Mini soon. A Core Duo Mini sounds might attractive.

It's the same thing with the new consoles. Someone will find a way to play bootleg/emulated stuff on them. As for the XBox 360, I'll wait a bit more. My daughter has been a Nintendo fangirl. She definitely wants a Wii.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    me wants a wii also....

and the ability to download classic street fighter 2 & DBZ games for the wii...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    almost got a Wii in hong kong. puro japanese version lang kasi ang binebenta dun, the price is around HK$3K.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bili na kayo ng 360! sana gandahan naman nila yung games sa bundle, or better yet, allow you to pick your own.

imo, the games i've played that best show off the 360's next generation tech are Gears of War, Ghost Recon - Advanced Warfighter, NBA 2K7, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, Call of Duty and Perfect Dark: Zero

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    is the xbox 360 and the Wii region-free?

PS3 is region-free daw. so theoretically, you can buy any PS3 unit in the world and play any games from any releases around the world. but old Ps2 games retain their region restrictions.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Coming Soon: XBOX 360 in the Phils.