New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    how any of you guys use your cellphones as your daily planners? i recently tried to use a pda, pero lagi ko kasing naiiwan. i usually end up punching in my sked into my humble 6020 -- and text input is a real pain. tsaka medyo bitin ung calendar functions niya.

can you guys recommend a good cell to upgrade to? wag naman ung sobrang bulky or high tech, takaw nakaw kasi B)

wacha guys think, worth it na ba to get a unit with wifi?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    i've been using my phones as a planner wayback my 6250 days.
    as for which cp to recommend, I guess any phone with a PIM function ought to do the trick for you since you're not really aiming for the high-end ones. you might want to look at one whereby you could easily transfer the present infos in your current phone to the new one.
    wifi? it depends, would you really be able to maximize/utilize this feature? otherwise, you could possibly live without it.
    PhP0.02
    hth
    Last edited by B2Bomber; July 23rd, 2007 at 10:26 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    I use nokia 6300 as my planner, to do list, and notes taking. sobrang simple to use kasi cellphone, no hi-tech stuff. puwede pa alarm clock sa umaga and kung mag-deadline na to do list mo

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    opposite ng requirements mo.. medyo bulky at hi-tech sya but can't resist to suggest this phone..

Nokia E90

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    how any of you guys use your cellphones as your daily planners? i recently tried to use a pda, pero lagi ko kasing naiiwan. i usually end up punching in my sked into my humble 6020 -- and text input is a real pain. tsaka medyo bitin ung calendar functions niya.

can you guys recommend a good cell to upgrade to? wag naman ung sobrang bulky or high tech, takaw nakaw kasi B)

wacha guys think, worth it na ba to get a unit with wifi?
    I use my N80 as my day planner and it does it effectively enough.

Any nokia Symbian Series60 celfone would do, although you will still have to deal with number-pad input. A relatively affordable celfone would be the E65 or N80 (priced at P16K or a bit less). The N80 has WiFi but the unit is battery hungry if you use it heavily. The E65 also has WiFi but I am not sure about it being battery hungry.

As for WiFi being worth having in a celfone. My N80 and my answer is it depends on what you need in a celfone. Most of the local hotspots are pay for access so not much surfing via hotspot unless you have your own WiFi network/hotspot setup. Abroad, like in some US airports or hotels, WiFi is free so you can go surfing the internet there with no problems.

E65

N80
    Last edited by ghosthunter; July 24th, 2007 at 08:23 AM.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Yep, I use mine as a planner also. Kung ano nasa calendar dun sa PDA ko, andito rin sa cp...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i use my p990. what i do is just to have it synched regularly sa calendar ko sa PC.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    better if you get something with QWERTY keyboard para easier ang typing.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by raikonen View Post
    opposite ng requirements mo.. medyo bulky at hi-tech sya but can't resist to suggest this phone..

Nokia E90

Wow, I really like this one. I'm a communicator fan. Currently, I'm using a 9300i. My phone calendar is synchronized with my Outlook.

:sleep: [SIZE="1"]3108[/SIZE]

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i use my Nokia e61 as a planner. very useful yung may alarm to remind a scatterbrain like me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
cellphone as planner