New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I have tried following the instructions and yes it says its connected but I still can't open my messengers or surf the net.
    The thing is I bought it from this computer shop inside bf paranaque, katron computers. They charged me 3k plus plus I bought it because its cheap, after paying for it they told me its kinda hard to configure so I might wanna ask em to configure it theyd charge me 1k or sumthing. Told em Ima try doing it myself. And turns out I couldn't because this friggin thing isa complicated so I went back to them ask them to configure it for me and they now told m itd cost around 4500 ++ nagbago price ,ms mahal pa pa configure sa router itself?
    Am I being duped here? kainis naman tlg maging girl pag nagpapagawa ng ganto.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mamichula View Post
    I have tried following the instructions and yes it says its connected but I still can't open my messengers or surf the net.
    The thing is I bought it from this computer shop inside bf paranaque, katron computers. They charged me 3k plus plus I bought it because its cheap, after paying for it they told me its kinda hard to configure so I might wanna ask em to configure it theyd charge me 1k or sumthing. Told em Ima try doing it myself. And turns out I couldn't because this friggin thing isa complicated so I went back to them ask them to configure it for me and they now told m itd cost around 4500 ++ nagbago price ,ms mahal pa pa configure sa router itself?
    first, it would be helpful for us to know the brand of the router and model, plus your ISP.

pero kung nag charge sila ng labor for configuring the router dapat napa andar sa bahay nyo ng maayos.

linksys wrt54g ang most commonly used router ng tsikoteer, got mine for 2400 or 2800 sa greenhills. took me 30 mins to configure with smartbro.

kung dsl like globe ang ISP mo alam ko mas mahirap i-configure, kasi di ko din nagawa sa globe broadband ng sis ko, so we called globe and papalitan daw nila yung modem ng modem router.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    yes it would help to know the wireless router brand/model

wala bang installation or quick-set-up guide ? ( both hard and soft copies )

to configure a wireless router ... you need the default IP Address and the default user name and password.
    once you know this ... you can access the configuration program and the rest would be easy

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mamichula View Post
    so I went back to them ask them to configure it for me and they now told m itd cost around 4500 ++ nagbago price ,ms mahal pa pa configure sa router itself?
    yes maam you're being duped by chargin 4500 just to configure a router... guys na malapit kay Mamichula baka pwede nyo tulungan, ginogoyo na sya ng computer shop na yun.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Its TP-Link 108M wireless router
    TL-WR641G/TL-WR642G
    And Im using pldt dsl
    I followed the instructions sa guide and sa web it says its connected pero i can surf the net pa din.
    I asked if I can just get my money back but I dint get a reply from them. Installation costs more than the router itself? :cry: bakit ganun...:blue:
    Last edited by mamichula; October 8th, 2007 at 11:26 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    quick question sir ...
    paano kayo naka-ka-post dito ???

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bayonic View Post
    quick question sir ...
    paano kayo naka-ka-post dito ???
    She's a ma'am

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    She's a ma'am
    Big OOPPSS ...... sorry Ma'aM

since you have accessed the configuration program ...
    i assume you have entered your PLDTDSL User Name and Password already.

you can connect your laptop or PC WIRED to the ports at the back of the router using an ETHERNET cable (should come with the router ) and your WIRELESS Adapter on the laptop turned OFF ... change your laptop/PC to Dynamic IP ... then check if you can now surf the net.

if this works ... repeat the same test with the LAN cable removed ... and the WIRELESS adalter on the laptop turned ON .

other things to consider :
    Turn OFF Windows FIREWALL
    Check if the Router Firmware needs Upgrading.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Reason why you're not getting any connection through your wireless router is simply because both devices (modem router and wireless router) are in conflict, as both are thinking they are routers.

The solution is to turn off the router function of your wireless, or just use it as an access point.

Here's a high-level procedure of what you need to do:
    CONFIGURE THE MODEM ROUTER
    ========================
    1. access the Modem Router by connecting your computer directly to it. open a web browser and type 192.168.1.1. refer to your documentation about what the Username and Password is. Normally, it's Admin for username and Password for the pass.

2. Make sure that your modem is set to "Autodetect". how you do this, refer to your documentation

3. Make sure that your Modem is set to ENABLE Bridge and Router. refer to your modem docu.

4. Enable DHCP. refer to your docu.

CONFIGURING THE WIRELESS ROUTER
    ===========================
    1. Access your wireless router by connecting your computer directly to it. open a web browser and type 192.168.1.1. refer to your documentation about what the Username and Password is. Normally, it's Admin for username and Password for the pass.

2. Choose STATIC IP with the following details
    IP: 192.168.1.5
    Subnet: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway: 192.168.1.1
    Static DNS 1: 192.168.1.1

3. Change the local address to 192.168.0.1

4. Disable DHCP Server

** How you do this can be different on your router. Get technical support if needed.

Now connect the your Modem to any of the LAN ports of the Wireless Modem (NOT THE ONE USUALLY FOR INTERNET). At this point, the port where you should connect the modem to your wireless has been DISABLED. Configure your computer to automatically detect ip and dns settings to conect wirelessly. ENJOY!

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    You've been duped right from the start.

First, that TP-Link wireless router is only 2000 bucks. 2.2k tops retail price.

Configuring the router for 4,500??? those people should burn in hell. Any person can do that task tapos ganun sila mag-overprice. If someone would do a home service, 300-500 should be fair (depends on your location and distance from that Evil-ruled store).

Anyway, here's the standard procedure in this scenario.

RESET both devices.

On your modem, you should see a button with a RESET title on it. Press for 10secs while it's turned ON.

Same procedure on the router.

Now, repeat the instructions on the Manual. Normally, these Routers come with a Wizard disc that does the installation for you, there's an on-screen step by step procedure. Linksys does. In the absence of this, refer to the manual.

If you can refund your money in full, you should.

Where's your location anyway?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Can't configure my wireless router