New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Be mindful of the battery life sir. There are a few Chromebooks that have excellent battery life, but apps-wise there are severe limitations.
    The requirements were for a Windows-based laptop with 2 hours battery life. I thought about lending her my old 2013 14" ASUS G46VW which still gets around 7 hrs battery life. But, I don't think she's careful enough to take care of it.

That Thinkpad should be able to get at least 4 hours out of its battery. Plenty enough for school.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 5th, 2016 at 09:41 AM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i may just opt for the Zenbook. i have some doubts about the build quality of inspirons, which is after all meant to be entry level. Bili na lang ng LED light ^_^

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    We're planning to get the Macbook air 128 GB for 75 k for my wife. Sulit ba mga sir for the price?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 3GEMS View Post
    We're planning to get the Macbook air 128 GB for 75 k for my wife. Sulit ba mga sir for the price?

san mo kukunin yan? parang mahal... imho, the latest Macbook air is at 256 GB SSD at $ 829.00 or around 40k, considering taxes and duties, it can go as max as around 70k, but with 256 GB SSD na.

i would suggest that if you are going to get a mac, go via authorized resellers para wala na ding problema sa warranty. or get it from the US and have it sent to you.

Macs are sulit, maski may kamahalan ng konti. durability and the stability of MacOS. dalawang unit nga namin dito sa office, 10 years old na yung macs, parang bago pa din ang itsura and performance.

5. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    san mo kukunin yan? parang mahal... imho, the latest Macbook air is at 256 GB SSD at $ 829.00 or around 40k, considering taxes and duties, it can go as max as around 70k, but with 256 GB SSD na.

i would suggest that if you are going to get a mac, go via authorized resellers para wala na ding problema sa warranty. or get it from the US and have it sent to you.

Macs are sulit, maski may kamahalan ng konti. durability and the stability of MacOS. dalawang unit nga namin dito sa office, 10 years old na yung macs, parang bago pa din ang itsura and performance.
    Sorry, MACBOOK model pala..
    256gb= Around 64 K, 512gb= at 79K.. What could you recommned? Purpose is replacement on our old laptop bumigay na, more on adobe, MS files emails lang. Ani GB kaya sulit and sa mganda kumuha? And dealer lang options namin na kukunan

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006

I don't like the Macbook Air because it's much slower than the 13" Macbook Pro.

Processor palang, ang layo na. The Mac Air only has a 1.6 GHz i5 CPU, while the Retina Macbook Pro has a 2.7 GHz i5. 1.1 GHz is a big improvement in terms of processing performance. Lalo na because you say you use Adobe. I use Photoshop, Lightroom, and Premier, and I've tried it both on my Macbook Pro and my friend's Macbook Air. Ang layo ng performance, especially in the future when apps become more resource-intensive. Remember, hindi upgradeable ang specs ng Macbooks so you better be relatively future-proof para hindi kagad maobsolete laptop mo.

In terms of portability, hindi naman mabigat or malaki dalhin yung MBP 13". The slightly thinner Macbook Air is not worth giving up the better specs of the Macbook Pro. 0.5 lbs lang na mas magaan ang Air sa Pro.

In fact, mas maliit pa nga ng konti ang overall dimensions ng Pro:

Lastly, remember to get at least 256GB SSD storage. Today's Macbooks don't have upgradeable storage so pag naka-128GB ka lang tapos napuno (apps and OS palang aabot ka na 100 GB), wala kang choice kundi magdala ng external hard drive lagi which is such a hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sorry, MACBOOK model pala..
    256gb= Around 64 K, 512gb= at 79K.. What could you recommned? Purpose is replacement on our old laptop bumigay na, more on adobe, MS files emails lang. Ani GB kaya sulit and sa mganda kumuha? And dealer lang options namin na kukunan

depends on your budget. at 15k difference, i would get the 256 GB and store my files in the cloud.

8. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I don't like the Macbook Air because it's much slower than the 13" Macbook Pro.

Processor palang, ang layo na. The Mac Air only has a 1.6 GHz i5 CPU, while the Retina Macbook Pro has a 2.7 GHz i5. 1.1 GHz is a big improvement in terms of processing performance. Lalo na because you say you use Adobe. I use Photoshop, Lightroom, and Premier, and I've tried it both on my Macbook Pro and my friend's Macbook Air. Ang layo ng performance, especially in the future when apps become more resource-intensive. Remember, hindi upgradeable ang specs ng Macbooks so you better be relatively future-proof para hindi kagad maobsolete laptop mo.

In terms of portability, hindi naman mabigat or malaki dalhin yung MBP 13". The slightly thinner Macbook Air is not worth giving up the better specs of the Macbook Pro. 0.5 lbs lang na mas magaan ang Air sa Pro.

In fact, mas maliit pa nga ng konti ang overall dimensions ng Pro:

Lastly, remember to get at least 256GB SSD storage. Today's Macbooks don't have upgradeable storage so pag naka-128GB ka lang tapos napuno (apps and OS palang aabot ka na 100 GB), wala kang choice kundi magdala ng external hard drive lagi which is such a hassle.

Fu**. Thankful nag seek muna ako advice dito. Muntik na magkamali. Then why is it mas mahal mcbook vs mcbook pro 13?
    Now, time to convince my wife dahil ang gusto niya lang rose gold LOL. At wala ata nun sa macbook pro 13.

Thanks boss Juts. From my build on my desktop(last year) to this. You're the best bro!

9. Join Date
    May 2011
    depends on your budget. at 15k difference, i would get the 256 GB and store my files in the cloud.
    Thanks bro. Kung san sulit ang pera don kami

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Fu**. Thankful nag seek muna ako advice dito. Muntik na magkamali. Then why is it mas mahal mcbook vs mcbook pro 13?
    Now, time to convince my wife dahil ang gusto niya lang rose gold LOL. At wala ata nun sa macbook pro 13.

Thanks boss Juts. From my build on my desktop(last year) to this. You're the best bro!

Mas mahal ang Macbook Pro 13 Retina ng konti sa Macbook Air 13. Ang mas mura is yung Macbook Pro 13 na non-Retina. Eto yung medyo makapal (kasi may CD slot) tapos 500GB na hard drive (not SSD) ang storage.

Yung Rose Gold is for the Macbook lang. Mas maganda itsura nun kaysa Macbook Air, kaso bitin din specs. Macbook Pro lang talaga yung sulit yung specs - kahit mas mahal, at least mas pangmatagalan.

Macbook (2015) - 55k
    Macbook (2016) - 60k
    Macbook Air 13 - 51k
    Macbook Pro 13 (non-Retina) - 45k
    Macbook Pro 13 (Retina) - 63k

If you're on a tight budget, get the older non-Retina MBP. Mas makapal nga lang and you'll have to upgrade RAM to 8GB (this is the last upgradeable MBP, yung Retina is soldered so di na nauupgrade). Pwede ka rin bumili ng 256 or 512 GB SSD para bumilis response time. So aabot ka rin 53k but you'll have a much faster laptop than either Macbook or Macbook Air.

Kung kaya naman ng budget, Macbook Pro Retina na.

Good luck bro, happy to help. [emoji4]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast