New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    yes i believe its not the OS. it may be the hardware. i was surprised this early morning when i opened the my computer folder, and the built in cam icon was not there anymore. when i opened the shortcut icon, la na. di na gumagana. i tried uninstalling the driver and installing it again, pero no use.

The technician told me to have it reformatted using the recovery cd. whew. well at least for now, la nmang prob, yung cam nga lang.

is this the same din ba sa ibang notebooks na my built in cam? i hav a friend who told me before na di daw advisable bumili ng notebooks with built in cams kasi mdaling mag loko at masira.

i hope i can prove him wrong though.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    nagkakataon lang yan sir... mas maganda re-format mo na lang para pag wala talaga pag pumunta ka dun sa Asus World sasabihin mo na lang e wala talaga di gumagana e... pakipalitan na lang yung unit ko... Make sure though na alam mo ang promise delivery date nila... may narinig ako dito matagal daw magpalit ang Asus ng notebook?????

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    loss contact lng cguro yan, dati din ganyan yung built in cam ko pero once lng nangyari.. till now ok naman cam ko... no prob so far...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Go to the Asus website and see if there are any new BisonCam drivers for download. Check also if there are any new Bios updates. Last time nagloko yung webcam ko, nag-update lang ako ng driver at naayos na.

OT: Etong Asus ko nagloko din dati yung motherboard. I asked the Asus service center to change the entire laptop, but hindi daw pwede. Pwede lang nila palitan yung damaged component/s. Kung webcam ang problem, I doubt if they will replace your laptop with a new one. Tutal 2 yrs naman ang warranty ng units natin, so if there's any sign of a problem, dalin kaagad sa service center for a check-up.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Thanks for the advice though. I still believe sa quality ng asus. im planning to have it reformatted during xmas break, for i need to use the notebook now for my documents and stuff.

by the way, i tried to locate for updated bisoncam drivers sa asus site, la paring effect.

OT: sabi dito sa unit, 1.3 MP daw ang resolution ng cam, pero i have observed, di sya clear when u take pictures, when the cam was still ok. 1.3 MP nga ba to? o bka 0.35 MP lng. ehehehehehe

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Yeah we should believe in the quality... my Verified by Intel Asus S96J will be here tomorrow!!!!!! Core 2 Duo T7200 + 1Gb DDR2-667 + Free Maxtor External 160Gb + Targus Backpack for 60k!

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    guys i had my notebook reformatted na with the recovery cd. ganun parin. medyo ng loloko parin yung cam. may ng pop up na balloon sa taskbar saying USB NOT RECOGNIZED. pero unpredictable kasi yung state nya. minsan di ma recognize, minsan na recognize din.

ano kaya prblema nito? minsan recognized, minsan indi. i can remember na it lasted for 2 days na walang problema and gumagana ung cam. then after a day, ng loko nmn siya.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Nako red_lake now I believe Asus quality may be a myth....

Just discovered today that my laptop's speakers are not working... in my fury i demanded my supplier to give me a new barebone unit since mine is 2 weeks old... Anyway i got what i want and upon discussions with the technician, we are seeing a long-term motherboard problem surfacing on the defective barebone... I was using Windows Vista and apparently I get blue screens when going to sleep mode... This DOES NOT HAPPEN to the replacement barebone... Assuming same HDD, CPU, and MEMORY, it all boils down to the motherboard...

Mabuti na lang lumabas na agad yung sira kesa naman after warranty pa lumabas yun...

Kaya papalitan mo na yan! Problem is... holiday din ang mga suppliers... Jan. 2 na balik

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Check your usb drivers in Device Manager and see if they show up at all or if they have exclamation points. If they're there with the exclamation points, uninstall and then reinstall the usb drivers. I've had this come up before, but with a usb webcam.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    Nako red_lake now I believe Asus quality may be a myth....

Just discovered today that my laptop's speakers are not working... in my fury i demanded my supplier to give me a new barebone unit since mine is 2 weeks old... Anyway i got what i want and upon discussions with the technician, we are seeing a long-term motherboard problem surfacing on the defective barebone... I was using Windows Vista and apparently I get blue screens when going to sleep mode... This DOES NOT HAPPEN to the replacement barebone... Assuming same HDD, CPU, and MEMORY, it all boils down to the motherboard...

Mabuti na lang lumabas na agad yung sira kesa naman after warranty pa lumabas yun...

Kaya papalitan mo na yan! Problem is... holiday din ang mga suppliers... Jan. 2 na balik
    yes, bakasyon nga sila. when i reported this case sa store na binilhan ko, they adviced me na if ok daw sa akin na january 3 pa ipapadala yung unit sa cebu for check up. hay, i was frustrated actually kasi it would take around more than 2 weeks bago ma return. i think kasi ung prob nito is baka ng loose contact lng cguro with the driver. i dunno if this is a right term to use, kasi di nman all the time na permanent yung webcam prob. ngayon for 3 days straight, ok yung wecam it appears, and no annoying balloon popups on the taskbar.

anyway, whats ur unit line? enlighten me please, when u say barebone, how does it compare with other units? thanks in advance

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
built in web camera problems