New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    As a DIY brand... nothing beats Asus... That's the reason why I chose this notebook because I am assured that I can assemble, disassemble this notebook like a white box PC..

My 3Dmark03 score is 7013 and my 3DMark05 score is 32xx... Well below the expected from the list below since the drivers I'm using are not the standard Catalyst drivers from ATI as they are tweaked by Asus....

Here is the link of the comparison of Mobile Video Graphic Cards....

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-...ist.844.0.html
    I also like the idea of a DIY laptop. Obviously, I'll have to find one to study because I like to eyeball the lcd screen myself.

As for your scores, they're not bad at all especially for a laptop. My desktop pc videocard is an ASUS X800XL ViVo using the ASUS X800 Series driver version 8.282.0.0. 3D Mark 03 and 05 scores are 10891 and 5240, respectively. That's not much better off than yours. I'd probably stick with the ASUS drivers because I could never get those scores using the native ATI Catalyst drivers.

I'd definitely consider an ASUS laptop (Core Duo at least) next year. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Basta pala sir make sure to buy a "Verified by Intel" notebook... that expands your options to include the Compal & Quanta VBI models....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
built in web camera problems