New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    just bought a panasonic .75 hp compact. sana tumagal yung binili namin.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    I used to be a Panasonic fanatic and I can say they are one of the best before. My first aircon is a Panasonic 1HP (National - the old name they use). It lasted more than 15 years before it gave in. My 2nd and 3rd Panasonic is around 10 years now and they are still working. However, when we renovated our house 2 years ago, I bought 4 brand new Panasonic window type aircon with remote (2 units 1 1/2HP & 2 units 1HP). Sadly after just 2 years, 3 of the 4 had a leaking evaporator
    So I guess I'll be staying away from the Panasonic brand for a while. I replaced the first one with an LG which comes with a 5 year warranty on 5 major parts including the compressor, evaporator and condenser. Hopefully, it won't give me that much trouble...(with finger crossed)

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    How's the after sales service of Panasonic and LG? Carrier replaced a busted capacitor the day after we called . Kolin's numbers however are all out of reach

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Ok naman after-sales service ng LG and Panasonic. Usually next day nanjan agad.

I have not tried with Panasonic (We requested an upgrade to another model kasi so mabilis) but I guess same din sila ng LG na may 3 visits then pullout ng unit. So pati cleaning sa kanila na rin. LG also calls you back to check what your thoughts are with the service. Over-all I'm pretty happy.

I'm just not sure about sa LG units that we brought to an Island kung pupunta sila dun if ever. We'll see.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    In Saudi Arabia,there are 3 AC brands which are the best against extreme heat here...

Its Sanyo, Carrier and Zamil(local made).

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    carrier after a year ang lakas ng kabog pag on and off ng compressor. pero so far malamig naman. basta wag daw gagamitan ng sosa during cleaning, kasi naluuto yung evaporator and condenser.

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    I can't decide between LG and Panasonic. I thought Panasonic was the most reliable but after reading the post of wlm757, I am having my doubts. So which is better?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    To sugarkane, I thought so too until last year when 3 out of 4 of my Panasonic Aircon had a leaking evaporator after just 2 years of use. I can't say that the LG aircon is better than the Panasonic since I just had them for barely a year but so far so good (didn't encounter any problem yet). I bought them because of the 5 year warranty on the 5 major parts including the evaporator. Incidentally, I had the evaporator of the 2 defective Panasonic aircon replaced which cost me around P4,000(parts and labor) per unit by an authorized Panasonic service center. However, after just a year, 1 of the 2 replacement evaporator leaked!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kotiko View Post
    I'd say Carrier - Condura - Kelvinator are still very much good choices. Among the three, Kelvinator is the cheapest although its argueable that all three are pretty much the same.
    Agree. If you visit Concepcion's factory, they churn out essentially the same aircons and at the end of the line, put on different logos.

http://www.ccac.com.ph/

10. Join Date
    May 2011
    I am not considering a Carrier anymore because I wasn't happy with the last unit I bought. Our 19 yr old carrier cools better than the most recent (less than 10 yrs) unit we got

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Best window type Aircon - Carrier?