New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    11,352
    #11
    megahakot sale sa megatrade hall ngayon. great for HSBC card holders. avail of 0% interest up to 25 months. you might want to check out them HDTVs there

  2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    20,069
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    megahakot sale sa megatrade hall ngayon. great for HSBC card holders. avail of 0% interest up to 25 months. you might want to check out them HDTVs there
    Hanggang kelan yan? Pero hwag nalang, baka mapagastos na naman

  3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    9,894
    #13
    i'm very torn about this 1080p thing. i have 3 tv's right now that can support 1080i (as well as 480 and 720) but none that support 1080p (they are still too expensive as monseratto says). i run xbox 360, DVD (not blu ray), and cable HDTV through these sets in 1080i mode.

    imho, the difference in quality between 1080i and 1080p is not big enough to justify the price difference at the moment. there is a difference, but imho it is not that big, and even in 1080i mode HDTV is knock-your-socks-off gorgeous if you're coming from regular TV or DVD. considering that there are huge price differences between the 1080i and 1080p TV sets, DVD players, and DVD discs, i think i'm gonna wait before taking the 1080p plunge.

    it would also be better to wait to see which format wins - Blu-ray or HD DVD, but i think Blu-ray is winning this one hands down.

    so basically what i'm trying to say is that if you don't have to have the absolute best picture right now, or if you're going to upgrade in a few years anyway (like me), then the time to buy an HDTV is right now or very soon, because the prices are very reasonable, and you will still get years of enjoyment out of non next-generation tech :D

  4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    469
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by wranglerboy View Post
    guys, just want to get your inputs if this is the best time to buy a plasma or an lcd big screen tv... i'm thinking of a 42" plasma or lcd. i see sale evrywhere nowadays , there's even one that offers trade-in's. they said they will donate it to charitable institutions.

    Is hitachi a good brand? what about repairs? does it have a service center here in m.manila? Thanks for helping me decide ...
    we have a Hitachi Plasma at home, i forgot how many inches. the picture is good esp in movies, but for tv? nah. i'll stick on mya 29inch sony.

    Quote Originally Posted by NightWinger View Post
    Makano na bg tag-price to? Baka naman may discount pa o freebie. o 0% installment?
    The abenson guy discounted us to flat 100k where the original price is 140k something.

    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    i'm very torn about this 1080p thing. i have 3 tv's right now that can support 1080i (as well as 480 and 720) but none that support 1080p (they are still too expensive as monseratto says). i run xbox 360, DVD (not blu ray), and cable HDTV through these sets in 1080i mode.

    imho, the difference in quality between 1080i and 1080p is not big enough to justify the price difference at the moment. there is a difference, but imho it is not that big, and even in 1080i mode HDTV is knock-your-socks-off gorgeous if you're coming from regular TV or DVD. considering that there are huge price differences between the 1080i and 1080p TV sets, DVD players, and DVD discs, i think i'm gonna wait before taking the 1080p plunge.

    it would also be better to wait to see which format wins - Blu-ray or HD DVD, but i think Blu-ray is winning this one hands down.

    so basically what i'm trying to say is that if you don't have to have the absolute best picture right now, or if you're going to upgrade in a few years anyway (like me), then the time to buy an HDTV is right now or very soon, because the prices are very reasonable, and you will still get years of enjoyment out of non next-generation tech :D
    no joke empy, pero eto ang unang beses na nakita kong seryoso ang reply mo. :hihihi: ano diff ng 1080i at 1080p? yung samin 1080p na, most of the LCD's are 480p, ryt?

  5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,986
    #15
    1080i vs. 1080p HDTV: should you care?

    1. 1080p defined
    1080p resolution--which equates to 1,920x1,080 pixels--is the latest HD Holy Grail. That's because 1080p monitors are theoretically capable of displaying every pixel of the highest-resolution HD broadcasts. On paper, they should offer more than twice the resolution of today's 1,280x720, or 720p, HDTVs, such as Samsung's HL-P5085W. Some companies, such as LG, refer to these super-high-res of sets as ultra-HD, while others prefer to substitute true or full for ultra.

    2. Why 1080p is theoretically better than 1080i
    1080i, the former king of the HDTV hill, actually boasts an identical 1,920x1,080 resolution but conveys the images in an interlaced format (the i in 1080i). In a tube-based television, otherwise known as a CRT, 1080i sources get "painted" on the screen sequentially: the odd-numbered lines of resolution appear on your screen first, followed by the even-numbered lines--all within 1/30 of a second. Progressive-scan formats such as 480p, 720p, and 1080p convey all of the lines of resolution sequentially in a single pass, which makes for a smoother, cleaner image, especially with sports and other motion-intensive content. As opposed to tubes, microdisplays (DLP, LCoS, and LCD rear-projection) and other fixed-pixel TVs, including plasma and LCD flat-panel, are inherently progressive in nature, so when the incoming source is interlaced, as 1080i is, they convert it to progressive scan for display.
    Last edited by Monseratto; July 16th, 2007 at 08:08 AM.

  6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    469
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    1080i vs. 1080p HDTV: should you care?

    1. 1080p defined
    1080p resolution--which equates to 1,920x1,080 pixels--is the latest HD Holy Grail. That's because 1080p monitors are theoretically capable of displaying every pixel of the highest-resolution HD broadcasts. On paper, they should offer more than twice the resolution of today's 1,280x720, or 720p, HDTVs, such as Samsung's HL-P5085W. Some companies, such as LG, refer to these super-high-res of sets as ultra-HD, while others prefer to substitute true or full for ultra.

    2. Why 1080p is theoretically better than 1080i
    1080i, the former king of the HDTV hill, actually boasts an identical 1,920x1,080 resolution but conveys the images in an interlaced format (the i in 1080i). In a tube-based television, otherwise known as a CRT, 1080i sources get "painted" on the screen sequentially: the odd-numbered lines of resolution appear on your screen first, followed by the even-numbered lines--all within 1/30 of a second. Progressive-scan formats such as 480p, 720p, and 1080p convey all of the lines of resolution sequentially in a single pass, which makes for a smoother, cleaner image, especially with sports and other motion-intensive content. As opposed to tubes, microdisplays (DLP, LCoS, and LCD rear-projection) and other fixed-pixel TVs, including plasma and LCD flat-panel, are inherently progressive in nature, so when the incoming source is interlaced, as 1080i is, they convert it to progressive scan for display.
    thanks for the info. is it true that plasma is better than lcd in terms of local broadcast?

  7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    940
    #17
    Di ko lang po alam kung alam nyo na ito. Those posted 0% interest is not true. For those buyers try asking if you're going to pay in cash. What is the cash price?

    Iyong isang napagtanungan ko na HDTV menos 7k din sa price tag pag binili ng cash.

    Kaya peeps wag munang magpapadala sa 0% interest unless gusto ninyo ng karagdagang patong sa bibilhin ninyong TV.

  8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    469
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by froshie1 View Post
    Di ko lang po alam kung alam nyo na ito. Those posted 0% interest is not true. For those buyers try asking if you're going to pay in cash. What is the cash price?

    Iyong isang napagtanungan ko na HDTV menos 7k din sa price tag pag binili ng cash.

    Kaya peeps wag munang magpapadala sa 0% interest unless gusto ninyo ng karagdagang patong sa bibilhin ninyong TV.
    OT: me either, i don't believe in 0% interest ek ek.. nilagyan na nila ng interest un eh, para pag naginstallment ka eh meron na interest. pag cash discount daw, pero that's the orginal price. the same with credit card usage in some stores, pag card gamitin mo sabihin nila back to regular price pag cash naman discounted ng kung magkano. ewan ko lang din ah..

  9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    7,717
    #19
    Personally antay-antay muna sa HD. Sobrang bilis ang pagbaba ng prices. Iíve seen Samsung, Sony, and Toshiba in Ali Mall reception side by side. All of them with free DVD player/FM receiver with 5.1 speakers and rack. Price starts at 60K.

  10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,976
    #20
    Am also hedging till December 2007. Napagastos kasi ako sa car repairs this month, more than 30k inabot. By then, siguro yung mga 37" LCD's, nasa 50k range na lang, and hopefully 1080p na, hehehe.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Best Time to buy a HDTV?