New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post

With games, it's the video card which is the deciding factor.
    totoo yan, compared with my brother's PC, mas mabilis yung applications ko. even when benchmarked in same everest version. but when it comes to games, I'm very behind because his mobo uses new-pci na and I'm in vga pa.
    Last edited by rion; March 21st, 2008 at 10:24 AM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    intel core 2 duo - wolfdale.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Intel Core 2 Duo are still on top when it comes to procie battles...when it comes to gaming, Video Card, RAM and procies combine to produce better results, if 1 of the 3 causes a bottleneck, you wont be able to maximize the other 2

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    [ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=JeFyUiV6gxI"]YouTube - AMD vs. INTEL - DUAL CORE STRESS TEST! cool new!![/ame]

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Like I said, 2005 was the year of AMD (and when I assembled my X2 4200+ pc).

Now, it's 2008. AMD's getting its butt kicked on almost all fronts. It's dog eat dog, survival of the fittest in the cpu market. Intel's not going to give AMD any mercy. AMD better come up with something good or else it's going under.

That said, I bought a Toshiba 15.4" widescreen laptop (last summer) with an AMD Turion X2 1.8ghz dualcore cpu, ATI X1200, 2gb ram, 250gb hard drive, Vista Home Premium for $900. Sure it's slower than a Core 2 Duo. But, the way Vista runs speedily, no one would suspect it.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    hmm interesting,,, i always thought its all about the processor when it comes to games.

i guess i was wrong. nice info.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Here's a very nice read concerning "bang-for-the-buck" systems guide. right now, Core 2 Duo rules, even faster than the quad core in some cases (e8400 looks impressive, hard to find). Meron pang TLB-Errata issue ang AMD Phenom. Just read the article, andaming info.

http://arstechnica.com/guides/buyer/guide-200803.ars

another one from sharky extreme:
    http://www.sharkyextreme.com/guides/index.php
    see left tab "value gaming systems guide" although medyo pang gamer ito.

these sites write a monthly systems guide on what's hot and not.
    Last edited by Negus; March 25th, 2008 at 08:44 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    AMD Phenom is a phenomenal failure.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    As what I've said before in PC-Talk forums and all. you get what you pay for. the battle between AMD and Intel will never end for as long as one company goes down. Here are some pros and cons that I've encountered for the past few years.

AMD:
    Pros: Dirt Cheap Processors but then it still compensates the speed. It's decent enough for gaming and multi-application (provided that you have RAM to spare)
    Cons: Overheating (as always) - you can only do so much as overclocking 75% (with water cooling and and A/C room)

Intel:
    Pros: Cool processors - even if you have a normal cooling, you can OC these babies up to 50% and up to 100% with overly priced cooling.

Fast, they are really fast - with C2D's in the market, it's really great for multi-application and bottlenecks are really minimized. (Thanks to it's big L2 cache)

Cons: Overly priced as hell - well, come to think of what it can do, they have the right to do so.

This is what I have observed for the past few years.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    It's a big misconception that AMDs are hot. Until the Core came along the Pentium4s were the hottest, shittiest, power-wasting, low-performance processors... The prescott P4s didn't even save power while idle...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Which Is The Best Processor?