New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Which is the best processor? AMD Altholn 64 Dual Core vs. Intel Core 2 Duo?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by donski View Post
    Which is the best processor? AMD Altholn 64 Dual Core vs. Intel Core 2 Duo?
    bro kung gamer ka go for AMD but if not better stick with intel .. yung katulad sakin intel dual core 3.4Ghz ..

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    bro kung gamer ka go for AMD but if not better stick with intel .. yung katulad sakin intel dual core 3.4Ghz ..
    +1 dito. if for everyday office type of things like autocad etc. stick with intel pero if games ang habol, then AMD is the way to go.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Hmmnnn... ang amd ba ay pang gaming lang siya i mean design for gaming only?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by donski View Post
    Hmmnnn... ang amd ba ay pang gaming lang siya i mean design for gaming only?
    well not really kahit naman yung core 2 duo kaya mag games pero preffered lang siya ng mga gamers.. apparently mas ok daw eto gamitin.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ah! kaya pala! open ko ang site nila eto ang nakita ko http://www.amdassets.com/comparison/
    sa pinakita nila diyan ay pang gaming talaga siya

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    actually core2duo is faster than the athlon 64 x2 at almost all apps, including games.

the only time the a64 x2 can compete is at the low-end where it battles the slow intel e2xxx series, but interestingly when you overclock these e2xxx chips they wipe the floor with the amd (which can't overclock as much).

amd also has the advantage with integrated graphics, the new 780g chipset is way faster than any intel...

at the high end the fastest core 2 chips are waaaay faster than even the fastest phenom chips... so i guess that answers the TS's question

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If this was 2005, I'd say AMD. But, this is 2008 when Core 2 Duos rule. If I'm to assemble a new pc today, it'll have an Intel cpu in it.

That said, the AMD cpu's are still pretty quick. They'd be hard to tell apart speedwise during realworld use.

With games, it's the video card which is the deciding factor.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

^^^ Agree here. For video games, the video card is the main factor, since it has its own processor and memory, that is passed on the task by the CPU for video processing et al.

5606:jazzysax:

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    bros it's the video card and memory

AMD pa rin para sa akin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Which Is The Best Processor?