New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    my motherboard has 4 sata and only 1 IDE connection, i also bought 1 Sata hardisk, my problem is, i want to add and connect my 3 old ATA harddisk too, is this ppssible? the IDE will be used by 2 dvd drives so no slots for the old hd. and how will the computer know if which is the drive c?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    The only way for you to use your ATA HDD is to use them as external HDD by having it connected to your USB port. This would be the most suitable way for you to re-use your ATA HDD.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    i think IDE/ATA daughter cards (PCI) are still available.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    my motherboard has 4 sata and only 1 IDE connection, i also bought 1 Sata hardisk, my problem is, i want to add and connect my 3 old ATA harddisk too, is this ppssible? the IDE will be used by 2 dvd drives so no slots for the old hd. and how will the computer know if which is the drive c?
    I saw there is a "adapter card" which fits into your IDE port and has SATA ports to connect to your SATA devices like HDD. Available in some of the shops at V-Mall, Greenhills.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    This "adapter" from SATA to ATA are available sa SOS or Heiken????? (Korean second hand shop - I forgot the name). Sa Southmall, I saw this already I think nasa 750-1000pesos yata yun. Last year ito mga december.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i just bought an external hdd enclosure at cdr-king for my old 120gb ide hdd. 500 petot lang damage, pwede pa ilipat sa kabilang pc

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    250 petot adapter available sa tipidpc.com. sa sata naman software ang designation ng master slave

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Ingat ka lang sobrang dami nang manloloko don sa tipidpc.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Ingat ka lang sobrang dami nang manloloko don sa tipidpc.
    It is either check the profile of the tipidpc user, or be ready to test you device on the day of your transaction. i recommend to use the external drive rather than daughter cards so that is can be portable.

ATA to SATA possible?