New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Beside having an all new "Lightning" plug...

So even if you'll have the first IPhone 5 in the Philippines, you won't be able to use it since no local carrier have this sim, right OB?
    I think Globe already has the new simm card ready.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Let's recap: Silghtly bigger screen. Slightly more features. Still less screen than a Galaxy S3. Needs proprietary SIM, so you've got to change your card... again.

-

Who/what/why will I buy this, again?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Ano ba itsura ng NanoSim card? So, the MicroSim wouldn't fit-in to this iPhone 5?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Let's recap: Silghtly bigger screen. Slightly more features. Still less screen than a Galaxy S3. Needs proprietary SIM, so you've got to change your card... again.

-

Who/what/why will I buy this, again?
    Me! I'll have it end of this year or early next year free from my telco..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Ano ba itsura ng NanoSim card? So, the MicroSim wouldn't fit-in to this iPhone 5?
    Pareho lang, just 40% smaller than micro sim

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    $$$, $$$, $$$...

Also Apple will sell you for US$29 the adaptor for their new Lightning plug...

Apple's adapters include a direct plug adapter priced at $29 and one incorporating a short cable for $39.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^I'll buy it from cdr king...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I think Globe already has the new simm card ready.

MANILA, Philippines - Globe Telecom is now gearing up to offer the new Nano-SIMs in Globe stores this month as it provides subscribers a new and better mobile experience. The Nano-SIMs are new generation subscriber identity module (SIM) cards for the latest generation of smartphones and handsets running on the most modern mobile network technologies. Globe has ordered as much as five times more Nano-SIMs than its regular SIM stocks, anticipating high customer demand when smartphones running on Nano-SIMs are offered in the market.

According to the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI), the new Nano-SIM cards will be 40 percent smaller than the micro-SIM, the smallest SIM card design to date, and will measure 12.3 millimeters x 8.8 millimeters, and 0.67 millimeters thick.

“The Nano-SIM cards are packaged and distributed in a way that is backward-compatible with existing SIM cards. The new design will offer the same functionality as all current SIM cards,” added ETSI. “When Nano-SIM cards enter production, their size will free up room inside mobile phones for additional memory and larger batteries, helping phone vendors create thinner devices,” revealed Giesecke & Devrient, a global pioneering innovator that provides end-to-end solutions for identification systems and mobile security applications.

“Once again, Globe pioneers in bringing the latest technologies to Filipino mobile phone users as we offer the revolutionary Nano-SIMs in our Globe stores with the availability of newer smartphone models using this type of SIM very soon. With the Nano-SIM and its stunning features and specifications, our smartphone experience will definitely be taken to another level,” said Martha Sazon, head of Globe Postpaid.

The ETSI produces globally-applicable standards for Information and Communications Technologies (ICT), including fixed, mobile, radio, converged, broadcast and Internet technologies.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post

Thanks sir. Same lang pala.... you just need a special cutter to make the sim card nano. I thought this is a totally different one just like the lightning connector.

Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast