New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i've had the 3rd Gen 30 Gb., which I gave to my bro and the 4th Gen iPod 40 Gb. IMHO, it has the best user interface out there. I've tried out a few already (like the Creative Nomad, Dell Jukebox, and a few others... I still choose the iPod hands down.).

FYI: there was no philmug.org.ph ... just philmug.org (now called wmug.org).
    philmug.ph is the breakaway faction (long story).

The 4th Gen has the Clickwheel as previously mentioned which is good for one handed operation and a longer battery life. With regards to a "Dead" battery, for current or previous generations, you can either send it to Apple Singapore and they'll replace it (for a fee if after the 1st year). Or you could buy a battery replacement kit online for less. To add to this, I suggest getting Applecare for the iPod for an extended warranty.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I'm planning to buy the 30GB model. Does any body here have tried connecting it to "active" speakers? I have one at home, the compact BOSE Room Mate. Just want to know the quality of sound if this is connected to active speakers or to stereo amplifiers.

Also, would it be better if I will use a DJ's headphone, instead of using the free earphones that comes with it? Nabasa ko kasi rito sa thread, tunog lata raw, eh.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Apple i Pod