New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    pede kya yan sa laptop without sacrifice of performance?

un office ok naman just need to familiarize with the interface...

iba kc nakasanayan natin eh...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    pag sa laptop baka may problema pa sa drivers currently since beta pa..

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I downloaded Windows Vista and tried installing it as a separate partition (drive d) but somehow unsuccessfull ako. It said that there are missing files in the DVD. However, when I reverted back, I encountered problems with my XP. Ayaw nang magboot. Mukhang sa sira yung boot sector. It took me a few days before I was able to fix this problem.

I will try to reinstall again maybe next week. I would like how Vista will look like.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316
    Still feels cluttered for me... Sa sobrang gusto gayahin ng GUI ng Microsoft sa Apple parang they packed in so many things ang daming nakalagay na icons & text sa interface.

Sana gumawa na lang sila ng 3D acceleration sa Win XP...
    sabi nga daw kinokopya ng vista gui ng Mac OS X. kmusta ba yan Vista, may I-life suite type of software na kasama din ba?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    kmusta ba yan Vista, may I-life suite type of software na kasama din ba?
    I think Vista will now also include Windows DVD Maker, Windows Media Center, Windows Photo Gallery, Windows Calendar, some new games, etc to join MovieMaker 2 and WMP10 that's already out for XP.

I use only iPhoto out of the whole iLife suite and only because the QT movies of slideshows it generates are still the best quality for the size plus, its renders are pretty quick. I then import the iPhoto slideshow QT files to my pc video editing app.

The lack of mpeg2 support for iMovie kinda limits it's usefulness to me because that means it has to do a lot of rendering unlike those pc video editing apps like Ulead Video Studio and Cyberlink Power. Those two can capture directly to mpeg2 in realtime and employ "smart rendering" techniques which not only preserves the quality of mpeg2 captures, but there's also a huge drop in rendering times. A 24-minute mpeg2 of "Married With Children" (after trimming off commercials and adjusting start/stop of each clip) is done in about 8 minutes.

I imagine, the MS video-editing apps built into Vista will have the same restrictions (or worse) as iLife. That means like iLife, I won't be using them as much either. I find 3rd party apps like Ulead Video Studio a lot more flexible.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    yeah tama meron nga syang standard suite of multimedia & productivity software? Pero alam mo what sucks? kailangan ng 128Mb Video RAM ng mga program like Movie Maker. Sucks talaga.

Kaya sa lahat ng nagbabalak mag upgrade, make sure may DVD-ROM or Writer or Combo Drive kayo and 128Mb Video Memory.

And kung gusto nyo 3D acceleration sa Desktop, have a Geforce FX or higher video or a Radeon X1300 video.

So far very stable like WinXP eto pero I dont like the network connection screens, ang stupid ang daming sinasabi and it always fail to connect to a wireless environment. Sabagay Beta pero setting up a network before was quite easy, this time its cumbersome! :mad:

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I'll stick it out with Windows XP and with Office XP. As with all Microsoft products, the new version would require more resources that the previous version for the new version to run decently.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316
    yeah tama meron nga syang standard suite of multimedia & productivity software? Pero alam mo what sucks? kailangan ng 128Mb Video RAM ng mga program like Movie Maker. Sucks talaga.

Kaya sa lahat ng nagbabalak mag upgrade, make sure may DVD-ROM or Writer or Combo Drive kayo and 128Mb Video Memory.

And kung gusto nyo 3D acceleration sa Desktop, have a Geforce FX or higher video or a Radeon X1300 video.
    Looking around at all the system requirements, MovieMaker requires 128mb of system ram, not video ram. As for full Aero effects, even Intel's GMA *bottom of the list* graphics should be sufficient. DVDROMs are dirt cheap. Much like XP in 2001, it looks like Vista's requirements are a bit trumped up. I ended up running XP satisfactorily in a Celeron 400 so long as the hard drive was pretty recent and at a time when everyone was saying 700 mhz was the bare minimum. A bit later MS stated that 300 mhz is the minimum. I don't doubt the same thing is happening again.

Edit: The 128mb video ram requirement is for Aero Glass. 64mb video ram is the minimum, 128mb video ram is the recommended amount.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; July 28th, 2006 at 09:02 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlight View Post
    I downloaded Windows Vista and tried installing it as a separate partition (drive d) but somehow unsuccessfull ako. It said that there are missing files in the DVD. However, when I reverted back, I encountered problems with my XP. Ayaw nang magboot. Mukhang sa sira yung boot sector. It took me a few days before I was able to fix this problem.

I will try to reinstall again maybe next week. I would like how Vista will look like.
    I was finally able to install Vista. It seems that the burned DVD copy that I made from the downloaded file was corrupted. I burned another copy and tried installing Vista. My first attempt ended with error while the second try worked fine.

I am still in the process of reinstalling the standard utilities that I have and I am having problems with some of them being non Vista certified.

Still tinkering with it.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Napanood nyo yung Keynote ni Steve Jobs???? Nakakaaliw Apple pokes fun on Vista....

Sana lumabas na ang Leopard + Core 2 Duo combination from Apple... That will be the killer app & killer machine!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Anyone using Windows Vista & Office 2007 Beta??