New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    i heard from a friend and seen in some website (forgot na yung address) na it eats up 800mb of memory, idle pa lang!

plus ang minimum nyang vid memory is a 128mb directx9 compliant vid card (directx10 na kasi vista).

which means patay tayo sa requirements in running resource-eating applications (like games, adobe apps, even multi-tasking, etc.)

as of now ito daw po ang optimal requirement nya:

2Gb of memory
    4Gb of hard drive space (vista installation)
    256-512mb dx9 vid card (e.g. geforce 6-series, radeon x-series)
    64-bit capable processor

hindi po ito ang accurate req't pero mejo close to this ang kailangan
    Last edited by zidane21; August 31st, 2006 at 03:51 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Di naman siguro, my friend is using a 1.0ghz tablet PC with 1g and runs vista with 07 office fine...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kaya kaya? ng

pentium 4 2 ghz
    512mb memory
    64 mb video card
    40 gigs hardisk

mukhang kelangan ko na mag upgrade if i want to use vista

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    Di naman siguro, my friend is using a 1.0ghz tablet PC with 1g and runs vista with 07 office fine...
    If you're using Intel video that uses shared video ram (128mb) and supports Pixel-shader 2.0 (from GMA 900 and newer, I think), then 1GB system ram is enough. The 800mb+ system taken up initially is probably due to the beta nature of Vista which obviously needs more optimizing.

Nvidia video cards with Pixel-shader 2.0 support starts with the GF FX5200
    Ati video cards with Pixel-shader 2.0 support starts with a Radeon 9600 Pro.
    Intel video with Pixel-shader 2.0 support starts with at least a GMA900.

*If you don't intend to use Vista Premium/Aero, then you don't need any of those video chipets.

Just find any of those Ati/nVidia cards with 128mb dedicated or shared video ram and you're set for Aero.

The beefier 256mb/512mb cards will come in handy when playing resource-extensive 3d games. But for regular Vista apps, I doubt they're required.

Games that require pixel-shader 2.0 are increasing. So if you're a gamer, you'll be upgrading your video card anyway with or without Vista.

Edit: Putting things in perspective, those video chipsets are already several generations behind. Mga bulok na po. So, I'm not too worried with the video requirements.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; August 31st, 2006 at 05:23 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by topgun View Post
    kaya kaya? ng

pentium 4 2 ghz
    512mb memory
    64 mb video card
    40 gigs hardisk

It's enough if you don't intend to use Vista Premium (with Aero effects). The lower Vista versions should be ok.

If you do intend to use the top end Vista Premium, then yes. You'll need to upgrade.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by topgun View Post
    kaya kaya? ng

pentium 4 2 ghz
    512mb memory
    64 mb video card
    40 gigs hardisk

pasok naman po sya sa req'ts pero hindi nyo lang po siguro mapapaandar sa "AERO" mode, analogy po nun is yung win9x look ng xp vs. normal xp look, imho

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Ei guys anyone using the Pre-RC1 build 5536. Im using it now for at least an hour since kaka-install ko pa lang and all I can say its a VERY BIG improvement for Beta 2... Can' wait for the RC1 to come out....

Only gripe ko na lang is the look of the toolbars & windows... mukhang nasa loob ka ng game e... I prefer the much more elegant interface of Windows XP... pero as far as the whole experience when compared to Beta 2... it's now fast, stable, compatible, less quirky...

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by alnr View Post
    nakakalito yung bagong office, hirap mag hanap ng buttons :D
    haha, same here ... got a big prob when i first switched to office 2007 ... its a bit complicated packed with ribbons full of buttons and stuff ... but pg na sanay narin, its ok ...

kaso on the downside, grb yung kain sa resources ng office. imagine, word alone is 500 mb! powerpoint and excel and etc are all 500 mb each din. yaiks! ako i just installed word and powerpoint, and i still got my office 2003 installed. hehehe! di ko parin na uninstall ung office at ppt na 2003 just incase i hav probs with the new office ...

with regards to vista, hay, ill still go for xp muna. i think vista is a bit complicated. see videos about it sa www.cnettv.com ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Anyone using Windows Vista & Office 2007 Beta??