New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Whoops...my b.7000 expired...hehehe. I did a workaround though, I "upgraded" my b.7000 installation to b.7100 through MS's own method. Does the Orbit30 utility work on the RC??? TIA!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Build 7100 on my pc is good until March 2010 upon which the nags will start to appear. Besides the problem with mpeg files, I haven't had any other issues.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    Whoops...my b.7000 expired...hehehe. I did a workaround though, I "upgraded" my b.7000 installation to b.7100 through MS's own method. Does the Orbit30 utility work on the RC??? TIA!
    why don't you use any legit keys? it will should to expire up to 2010.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    It's legit (both b.7000 and b.7100), but the older one's been BSODing since July 2. I think the thing that MS put in the OS to make it fail when it expires. It's okay, I have b.7100 anyway.

"END_OF_NT_EVALUATION_PERIOD"

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    It only happens with mpeg videos. So, I smell a rat in M$' part. It seems like mp4's are now M$' darling. So, it's making life hard for mpeg owners. Then again it may be my codecs.

More testing in progress.....
    If that's true, I won't be surprised that Microsoft tries to run over mpegs. Microsoft should know all about proprietary stuff and the tons of money associated in licensing them, like mpegs. So now they make their own version of mp4 audio-video format (what happened to wmv anyway?) and make other people pay to use them! Nice...not

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
    If that's true, I won't be surprised that Microsoft tries to run over mpegs. Microsoft should know all about proprietary stuff and the tons of money associated in licensing them, like mpegs. So now they make their own version of mp4 audio-video format (what happened to wmv anyway?) and make other people pay to use them! Nice...not
    Actually, no. The Windows Media Player and Media Center support playback of standard mp4 files. The same files for both iPod and PSP. As I recall, no version of Windows ever had native mpeg 1or 2 support. They've all been through 3rd party software/codecs.

WMV's still alive (as is WMA) and well and is MovieMaker's primary output format. But MovieMaker's now an optional download instead of being bundled with Win 7.

As for the mpeg issue with Win 7, it could just be my pc. Maybe someone else can verify it. But MS' actions in the past leaves them open to accusations of stifling other formats. One example is XP. XP had been rock solid with my use until Vista was released. All of a sudden, my XP installs became prone to freezes and eventually some blue screens while Vista on the same hardware was rock solid. Yup. Friggin M$
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; July 15th, 2009 at 05:15 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    recently, I used that build 7264. the keys doesn't work anymore and it failed me two times with a fatal error called video bios on blue screen. kahit safemode, di makapasakok. kaya balik ako earlier version.

latest build is 7600. will try that out when 32 bit is available...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Dami nga akong nakitang Windows 7 "builds" above 7100. Meron pang Release To Manufacturing builds (RTM) sa mga *******s.

But I think the official free-to-the-public Release Candidate remains Build 7100. Well, at least this is what I downloaded from Microsoft itself as displayed in my desktop. So far build 7100 RC proves to be rock stable, fast and most important, fully activated and accepts updates.

Hanggang March 1, 2010 pwede gamitin yung RC. After March 1, it will shutdown the pc every 2 hours and finally the OS will expire in June of 2010. Not bad for a trial of the latest Microsoft OS!

Parang ang bait nga ng Microsoft eh, hahah LOL!. It's a very clever ploy, this lengthy trial period. If only it wont cost an arm and a leg in the end, heheh (Win 7 Ultimate Retail will set you back by around P15,000 or $319.00!)

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    wala pang offficial RTM actualy. ilang beses rin nila sinabi yung 72x RTM, ngayon 7600 naman. unless MS will announce it themselves.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    hmmm... 7600 na talaga kaya RTM?

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
AnyOne tried Windows7