New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    We've been using VOIP technology here in the company that I work for since late 2004. So far, so good.

I've been a Skype user for four years now. Depending on the area where the person you want to call is at, connection can be great our lousy. US-Phil-US Skype calls, acceptable connection quality. Phil-MidEast-Phil, lousy connection.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My setup at home is a Sipura-3000. Anyone in the USA just has to dial a toll-free number that I give them. The dialtone that they hear will be that of my PLDT landline here in Manila. From there, they can call any PLDT / landline phone in the Philippines.

My current project now is to connect this device to my Sipura:

I attach a GSM simcard in this device. The best would be to use SUN since it offers unlimited calls. So anyone in the states can call any sun phone (or globe/smart) unlimited. They just dial my 1-800 number then enter the sun phone number at the tone. Presto... USA - voip - sun cellular (phils) connection

This is the setup:

or this:

Racket ko. Hehehe.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wiretap i have pm.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    wiretap, ingat lang bro. it looks like you are running an ISR (international simple resale) set-up. it's illegal coz the voice traffic does not pass through the international gateway facility. although seldom na-aarest na mga individuals, the major telco's have fraud & risk management groups that looks into these cases especially yun mga large scale operations.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    how much yung ganyang equipment? parang maganda yan ikabit sa existing voip namin dito sa ofis para oncall na lang imbis na having to come in to the office pa for concalls.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_rex View Post
    sa pagkabasa ko tungkol sa VOIP, wala naman daw halos pinagkaiba ang VOIP sa regular telecoms provider- in fact, telecoms provider ay gumagamit din nang VOIP.
    true, nowadays VOIP is capable of providing carrier grade service. by law, only telecoms providers can run VOIP here in the Phils. don't know if this has been ammended though coz as we know almost all call centers use VOIP...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    most call centers uses voip. as for the theory of the TS, as i understand, balak mo i-connect yun phone to your wifi network at home then install skype as your provider ng voip right?

im not sure kung feasible sya unless yun skype na program eh pwedeng tumakbo sa phone.

we are using voip dito sa office and we have a server for it. im not sure about the details kung pano pinatatakbo to since im not the one in charge of the voip

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Gamit ko Cordia IP
    Unlimited call to US and Canada -- landline or cellphone
    $15. /month lang
    kasama na Phone adapter for voip
    eto rin yung gamit nang ibang call center d2
    upgrade lang sa plan

https://www.cordiaip.com/default.asp...ix1=1&xplan=20

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ung bayaw ko uses Vonage, nag subscribe sila sa US using my sis-in-law's address then inuwi dito ung modem at kinabit sa DSL, which sabi nman sa Vonage e walang problema kahit dalhin sa ibang bansa ung modem. They have a US land line # and unlimited calls to anywhere in the US for $24.99 a month. Malinaw at walang problema as of now ung service(almost 2 months old pa lang ung vonage hehehe)

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    ok to, nasabe rin saken to somewhre sa makati. fix rate, un nga lang dapat yata may us resident na bibili then dadalhin dito; un nga lang wala kameng kamag anak don. though advantage din pag meron hehe. hays

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Anyone tried VOIP?