New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    we've been using SKYPE for years now here sa office.. so far ok naman sya.. best part is it's free! kahit ilang hours bihira naman mag drop.. my boss calls me from Australia ok naman.. i have a SKYPE phone too that can call a pc with SKYPE or another skype phone.. so basta may wi-fi online din ako sa SKYPE, hindi na kailangan magdala nang laptop.. kaya lang medyo corny yung itsura nung skype phone hehee
    The Belkin WiFi Skype phone that I use looks exactly the same (but in black) ...

---

Medyo iba ang telecomms setup dito sa UK. My landline is with British Telecomms, whose outgoing calls are metered. The good thing is you can switch your outgoing calls to a different provider. I've switched mine to my SatTV provider which also provides my broadband needs. For $10/month, they allow unlimited calls within the UK, to the US and Canada, most of Europe, Australia and NZ. At that rate, I'm sure it's VOIP. For comparison, BT line rental is already at $22/month - with no outgoing calls yet.

Unfortunately, calls to the Philippines are not included. This is where I use my Skype WiFi phone. Like Qwerty, I'm happy with it. I don't need to have the computer turned on to use Skype, so I leave the phone connected 24/7. The only problem I've experienced is random disconnection from the Skype server (usually for just a second or two, and while the phone is idle) during heavy internet use, with 3 computers downloading through the same WiFi router at home.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rab View Post
    may nakasubok na ba dito ng VOIP gamit ang wi-fi enabled cellphone? parang magandang bilhin yung Nokia N80 kasi may wi-fi siya. binabalak kong gamitin VOIP sa ibang bansa e. thanks.
    personal experience with n80 on wifi. ang bilis maubos ng battery. full bar battery. after 5mins or so. browsing half battery na.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Anyone tried VOIP?