New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Here's my setup

[Modem] === [Wifi router 1] <--- wireless / bridge mode ---> [wifi router 2] === cable === [wifi router 3]

My problem is, when I connect my devices wirelessly to router 2, they can no longer connect to router 3 and vice versa.
    There's no problem connecting to router 1.

When a device connects to router 2 and I go to the area near router 3 and it connects to it, that device will be given an IP of 169.xxx.xxx.xxx

What could be wrong with the setup.

Btw, router 3 is setup as wireless access point.
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Can you post the ip configuration of all the router? Also, can you make sure that all of them are interconnected?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    naka on and dhcp ng router 1? how about router 2 & 3?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what's ip config? eto ba yun?

router 1 192.168.1.2
    router 2 192.168.1.3
    router 3 192.168.1.4

naka on dhcp ng router 1, off sa router 2 & 3.
    Signature

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    Here's my setup

[Modem] === [Wifi router 1] <--- wireless / bridge mode ---> [wifi router 2] === cable === [wifi router 3]

My problem is, when I connect my devices wirelessly to router 2, they can no longer connect to router 3 and vice versa.
    There's no problem connecting to router 1.

When a device connects to router 2 and I go to the area near router 3 and it connects to it, that device will be given an IP of 169.xxx.xxx.xxx

What could be wrong with the setup.

Btw, router 3 is setup as wireless access point.
    Pls clarify:
    Pag connect mo so rouer 2, then lipat ka sa area na connect to router3, the ip address you get is 169.xxx.xxx.xxx?
    Pag connect mo to router 3, then lipat ka sa area na connect to router2, the ip address you get is 169.xxx.xxx.xxx?

SSID of all 3 routers the same? Wpa or wep password of 3 routers also the same?
    Router2 and router3 are both set up as access points?
    Dhcp of router3 should be off or another work around is that dhcp of router3 can be on, but the address pool of router3 and router1 should not clash, then set default gateway for both router1 and router3 to be ip address of router1, and dhcp addrress pool of router1 and router3 should also be within the same subnet...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pag connect sa router 2 then lipat sa router 3, 169.xxx.xxx.xxx ang IP
    pero pag balik ulit sa router 2, ok naman.

magka iba and SSID ng 3 routers. same passwords.

router 2 & 3 set as AP, pero naka bridge ang router 2 sa router 1 since wireless ang connection nila.

tried to turn on DHCP of router 2, with different address pool than router 1. naging ok, but this morning biglang naging 169.xxx.xxx.xxx yung iphone ko when I woke up. weird.
    Signature

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    tried to turn on DHCP of router 2, with different address pool than router 1. naging ok, but this morning biglang naging 169.xxx.xxx.xxx yung iphone ko when I woke up. weird.
    Means the DHCP of the connected router is not working. Maybe a power cycle reset would fix?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes, rebooting the router works. Even before I did not turn on the DHCP of router 2, if I'll reboot it, I'll be able to connect to it.
    Signature

Another one of my network related problems