New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by co_nixz View Post
    Never heard of it. But it sounds AWESOME!
    Meron na rin ganyan ang Honda (Variable Cylinder Management) where 3 of 6 cylinders shuts off during cruising speed. Available na to sa Pilot, Odyssey at ang 08 Accord meron na rin yata.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Under powered vehicles - Cheaper Running / Operating Cost, Lifecycle is shorter
    Over powered vehicles - Running/ Operating Cost is higher, Lifecycle is longer.
    Last edited by DonT; September 21st, 2007 at 01:12 AM. Reason: napindot agad enter

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    As others have mentioned, a car that has more power than it needs can just waft along at a fraction of its total power band at much lower RPM compared to a car that's running higher RPM's due to less power for the same driving conditions.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Palagay ko nga kung pareho ng degree ng over or under powered-ness, mas makakatipid ng konti sa over powered, assuming you will use a lighter foot and not 'open her up'. Pero marami pang factors that will come into play like power-plant, weight, engine-efficiency, etc so it may be hard to tell just based on experience.

pinakamatid is: having the right power and right for your needs!

isipin mo nalang--kotse ka nga, kia pride, may V6 na makina

or may cefiro ka, 1.3L lang ang makina...

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Share ko lang ang experience ko:

My 6cyl bmw gets awesome gas mileage at freeway speeds, it seems the faster I go the better my fuel consumption gets.

Our 4cyl Mitsu Mirage (lancer) gets really bad mileage on the freeway when we push it to beyond 70mph. The engine is working harder at higher RPM's kasi.

For city driving, the bmw still gets better mileage if you drive reasonably and leave the lead foot at home. The 4cyl car just gets really bad mileage when the engine is pushed in acceleration and start/stops.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Kung city driving most of the time eh sa underpowered na ko dahil tipid ang habol ko because of traffic (stop and go) at hindi hataw. Pero kung uwian ako ng province madalas eh mas tatagal ang over powered dahil di puwersado at matipid na rin sa rekta.

Last thing, depends also on the driver, if he’s aggressive or patient one.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Based on my experience with my Sentra 2.0 project car, slightly overpowered cars can give good fuel economy. All is needed is a light foot on the gas pedal.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Overpowered + Light foot = Good Numbers.
    Underpowered + Light foot = Even Better! (as long as you dont mind travelling slooow)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Based on owners' feedback, mas matipid yung mz3 2.0 because of better power to weight ratio. my 2.0 turbo galant gets the same if not better fuel economy compared to when i had an NA engine. plus you have the power when you need it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Ano mas matipid Over-powered car o Under-powered?