New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    may mga apps na required i-root yung set. may procedures available sa web, pero natatakot din ako.
    how safe ba ito? sino na nakasubok?
    Android Forums & Windows Phone Discussion * xda-developers

Rooting is generally SAFE so long as you follow the steps given in the XDA (and other) forums.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Anyone tried streaming photos or video from your home network to your Android? Which is better of the two?

Plex

Qloud

VLC Pro

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    me thread pala nito dito... Mine Galaxy S 2... stock OS so far so good. Dami Apps and smooth browsing.

Add ons

Angry Birds Rio
    Angry birds
    Angry birds season
    yooNinja
    Tank Hero
    GPS Test
    Fruit Slice
    Drag Racing
    Adao
    Flash Light
    Real Calc
    Map Quest
    Instant Heart Rate

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    To all HTC Desire owners.... the GB 2.3 RUU is out.
    HTC - Developer Center
    Be warned though --- this will effectively un-root your unit if you have already rooted it.
    Any takers?

There are also a number of custom ROMs available which are based on this release... Bilis nila! The RUU was only released yesterday and already, a number of cooked roms are out.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Qloud Media. Best streaming Network Media similar AIR video on IOS so far. Plays all the formats tried including MKVs.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Qloud Media. Best streaming Network Media similar AIR video on IOS so far. Plays all the formats tried including MKVs.

OT: Oooohh... I loved that movie! Despite some of the twists at the ending, it still remained faithful to the original tv series. My only gripe was that the original song was not sung.

Anyway, I've yet to try watching a full length movie on my unit. How's the battery drain when watching movies?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    has anyone here tried to improve the audio quality of the GS2 by installing android's equalizer, DSP, poweramp, etc.?
    does it really improve the music sound quality?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post
    OT: Oooohh... I loved that movie! Despite some of the twists at the ending, it still remained faithful to the original tv series. My only gripe was that the original song was not sung.

Anyway, I've yet to try watching a full length movie on my unit. How's the battery drain when watching movies?
    Haven't tried yet a full length movie, but tried 20 minutes. 12 percent battery drop and there's warming, but not as warm as playing a game.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Anyone thinking of "upgrading" to the HTC flagship phone?

HTC Sensation suffering from touchscreen issue - GSMArena.com news

HTC Sensation suffering from touchscreen issue
    03 August, 2011

After the infamous death grip issue with the Wi-Fi on the HTC Sensation, it seems the users of this phone have one more thing to worry about. According to several users on the Internet, the HTC Sensation is suffering from an issue with the touchscreen where it becomes unresponsive after some time and fails to register some of your inputs. There is currently a 65 page thread on the xda-developers with 650 posts discussing this issue with a large number of users claiming their Sensation indeed has the aforementioned issue, suggesting that it is not limited to just a few handsets or that few people aren't applying enough pressure on their screens.

The issue seems to culminate over a period of days. Brand new phones seem to work perfectly until about a week later when the touchscreen loses its mojo and fails to register some of the inputs. This is most noticeable on the lock screen where the phone refuses to open when you try to slide the ring as it keeps slipping away. When users tried to contact HTC regarding this matter, they did not get any answer from the company. HTC Support suggested some users to perform a factory reset but that didn’t help. Trying to replacing the handset hasn’t helped either, as some users, currently on their third or fourth Sensation, are still suffering from this issue.

We are also hearing reports of some other issues with the phone most notably with the camera, where it tends to restart the phone when you click a picture. All this suggests that the firmware on the Sensation is terribly buggy at the moment. Unfortunately, since the phone has a locked bootloader, users cannot even install a custom ROM and see if it fixes the issue and will have to wait for HTC to come clean with it and issue an update.

What is disappointing is that the Sensation is the flagship device of the company and is supposed to represent the very best HTC has to offer. But right now it seems the phone was rushed to the market without proper R&D, probably to compete with the Samsung Galaxy S II, which, although not faultless, is doing much better. Unfortunately, as with the Wi-Fi death grip issue, HTC is yet to admit the problem and give any solution to it.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I remember I just got my HTC Desire (the used to be flagship...). I was very VERY happy.
    After I unpacked and setup the unit, I started browsing the net. The first thing I did was to check the support forums for any tips on getting the most out of my new toy. Unfortunately, the first thing I saw over at the XDA, AndroidForums and HTCDesire forums were countless threads on the notorious BOOTLOOP problem, which eventually lead to them replacing a lot of handsets. Luckily, my unit was not affected by that manufacturing defect.

I think it would be wiser to wait a couple of months before buying an expensive unit, maging HTC man yan or other brand.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast