New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I used to have pfSense as well, ran it for several years. But after a while, I find that it’s quite limited and oftentimes very difficult to manage. pfSense is a great firewall, but if you need content filtering and all the other bells and whistles of a UTM, you will have to look elsewhere.

So, since about 3 years ago, I’ve switched to Untangle HomePro at home. It is subscription based at $50 per year but it serves my purpose, and more. I don’t allocate bandwidth on a per user or per VLAN/network range, but since Untangle can classify traffic in terms of protocols and applications, I do QoS instead to make sure that the available bandwidth is not monopolized by a single user, protocol or app. It also blocks most ad sites at the network level, among others.

Last edited by oj88; May 12th, 2019 at 08:02 AM.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by african888 View Post
    good evening!

i plan to allocate internet speed at home to 4 users like the one below:
    User 1 = 10mbps
    User 2 = 5 mbps
    User 3 = 5 mbps
    User 4 = 5 mbps

(1) Is this possible?
    (2) Can this be done using the telco modem/router (globe/pldt)
    (3) do i need to purchase an entry level third party wifi router? (what features do i need to look for?)
    (4) how to do it?

thanks
    QoS.
    If not available on the user interface. Then you need to find out the admin account of the device. Chances are, it is there.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Tenda AC6, AC7, and AC10 has bandwidth allocation. Sells at 1.5k or less.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    one year ago na itong thread. ask ko lang kung meron bang bago update/solutions sa problem ko....

User 1 = 10mbps
    User 2 = 5 mbps
    User 3 = 5 mbps
    User 4 = 5 mbps

(1) Is this possible?
    (3) do i need to purchase an entry level third party wifi router? (what features do i need to look for?)
    (4) how to do it?

thanks

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    one year ago na itong thread. ask ko lang kung meron bang bago update/solutions sa problem ko....

User 1 = 10mbps
    User 2 = 5 mbps
    User 3 = 5 mbps
    User 4 = 5 mbps

(1) Is this possible?
    (4) how to do it?

thanks
    Kailangan ka yata bumili ng bagong router since basic lang provider na router ng mga telco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    yung bagong modem nang globe pwede nang gawin yan.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    yung bagong modem nang globe pwede nang gawin yan.
    Anong brand?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    ZTE yata...

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Anong brand?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2016

User 1 = 10mbps
    User 2 = 5 mbps
    User 3 = 5 mbps
    User 4 = 5 mbps

(1) Is this possible?
    (4) how to do it?

thanks
    The GAN4PT modem that came with our Globe 1699 plan can do this. Eto ang setup ko which is primarily used for my wife's ESL teaching and my home-based work.

To answer your questions:

(1) Is this possible? Yes

(2) Can this be done using the telco modem/router (globe/pldt) Yes.

(3) do i need to purchase an entry level third party wifi router? (what features do i need to look for?) No.

(4) how to do it? Globe's modem can do this thru bandwidth control. You need to manually assign each device's MAC address their respectiveIP address. Then there is a bandwidth control page that let's you define the bandwidth allocation per IP address. In our case, what I did was to assign my wife's phone and laptop as well as my phone and laptop to IP addresses 192.168.254.101 - 104, respectively. Then, in the bandwidth control page, I set these 4 IP addresses to utilize the full speed of the internet (no speed limit). While the IP addresses starting from 105 upwards can only utilize up to 1mpbs.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    nice thread....it gives me an idea..hmmm How about is there a way where I could put a timer on the user TOU time of use? i.e. User 1 unli, user 2,3,4 upto 1000PM only during weekdays and 12Midnight during Weekends. Am having headache to control my teeners in their social media time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Allocation of Internet Speed at home