New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Good pm mga sir! May konting problema ung wifi namin, nagpapassword error kasi ung adminpldt kahit na hard reset na, ayaw ng gumana nung default password na 1234567890. Pero ung admin na may password 1234 nagana naman. Sa adminpldt ko kasi binabago ung max na nakaconnect, hindi ko na mabago. Tumawag na ko sa 171 hotline, sabi nung nakausap ko hindi pa daw niya alam gagawin, wait daw muna ko, o kaya bili daw ako bago modem, hindi ko binili. 2 days na hindi pa uli ko tinatawagan. Baka po may nakaexperience na ng gantong problema, pahelp naman po. Salamat mga sir.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Third world customer service. It makes me so mad

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by luffin View Post
    Good pm mga sir! May konting problema ung wifi namin, nagpapassword error kasi ung adminpldt kahit na hard reset na, ayaw ng gumana nung default password na 1234567890. Pero ung admin na may password 1234 nagana naman. Sa adminpldt ko kasi binabago ung max na nakaconnect, hindi ko na mabago. Tumawag na ko sa 171 hotline, sabi nung nakausap ko hindi pa daw niya alam gagawin, wait daw muna ko, o kaya bili daw ako bago modem, hindi ko binili. 2 days na hindi pa uli ko tinatawagan. Baka po may nakaexperience na ng gantong problema, pahelp naman po. Salamat mga sir.
    PLDT did something sa backend, hindi na yung adminpldt/1234567890.

Better you get your own wifi router and tell them to have the modem set to bridge mode.

Less headache for you.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    ^ This.

There's also another option: a modem/router combo (TP-Link has one) which is easy to manage, just 1 UI for everything. That's what I use at home.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenR View Post
    ^ This.

There's also another option: a modem/router combo (TP-Link has one) which is easy to manage, just 1 UI for everything. That's what I use at home.
    Modem router? Won't you have to configure it with PLDT's settings pa? Hindi ba mahirap yun kasi pati si PLDT hindi nila alam yung settings nila?

The last time they sent a technician to our office, I had to be the one to set the modem in bridge mode... di nila kabisado yung settings lol

6. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Modem router? Won't you have to configure it with PLDT's settings pa? Hindi ba mahirap yun kasi pati si PLDT hindi nila alam yung settings nila?

The last time they sent a technician to our office, I had to be the one to set the modem in bridge mode... di nila kabisado yung settings lol

Just 2 settings are needed to configure for PLDT's DSL service, and the device includes a leaflet with settings for PLDT/Globe/Bayan, so setup is easy.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Just 2 settings are needed to configure for PLDT's DSL service, and the device includes a leaflet with settings for PLDT/Globe/Bayan, so setup is easy.
    Interesting. Learn something new everyday. Would be fun to tinker with it sana pero wala nang oras. Haha.

Alala ko dati nag cconfig yung isang PLDT tech nakita ko ni eenter niya yung bandwidth limits sa modem. At that time, I wonder if it was possible to get higher bandwidth doon palang hehe. Although ngayon, malamang sa backend ni PLDT limit na.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Interesting. Learn something new everyday. Would be fun to tinker with it sana pero wala nang oras. Haha.

Alala ko dati nag cconfig yung isang PLDT tech nakita ko ni eenter niya yung bandwidth limits sa modem. At that time, I wonder if it was possible to get higher bandwidth doon palang hehe. Although ngayon, malamang sa backend ni PLDT limit na.

The device is interesting, you see a lot of data (even your bandwidth limit):

I think bandwidth control is backend na, bro. I used to have Globe DSL years and years ago, and the tech who installed the modem offered to upgrade my bandwidth for a flat fee of P500 hehehe. From 3mbps, naging 10mbps for a pittance.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    The device is interesting, you see a lot of data (even your bandwidth limit):

I think bandwidth control is backend na, bro. I used to have Globe DSL years and years ago, and the tech who installed the modem offered to upgrade my bandwidth for a flat fee of P500 hehehe. From 3mbps, naging 10mbps for a pittance.
    Okay na yung 500 for extra 7mbps... only wish they had better upload speeds. Yung sa office 5Mbps down/1mbps up, takes forever to attach anything larger than a word document.

I remember seeing similar kind of data sa ONU ng Fiber modem before nung ni ssetup. Pero matalino na pldt ... ngayon locked daw na raw lahat yung fiber modem access... no front end access. Si backend na nagcconfigure lahat. All the techs do is to connect the modem and to make sure may signal...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Okay na yung 500 for extra 7mbps... only wish they had better upload speeds. Yung sa office 5Mbps down/1mbps up, takes forever to attach anything larger than a word document.

I remember seeing similar kind of data sa ONU ng Fiber modem before nung ni ssetup. Pero matalino na pldt ... ngayon locked daw na raw lahat yung fiber modem access... no front end access. Si backend na nagcconfigure lahat. All the techs do is to connect the modem and to make sure may signal...

Yup, that's pretty much how PLDT does it. Everything is controlled at the back end. Front end is only for configuring connection protocols. We have 3 PLDT lines at home, 10, 10, and 8 mbps, kaso all lines have 1 mbps upload limit each. Hassle mag upload ng videos and hi-res pics. Also makes cloud services a no-no if you have sizable files. Sana nga umabot na dito ang Fiber service with their 100/100 up/down speeds, ETA nila is within the year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast