New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenR View Post
    We have 3 PLDT lines at home, 10, 10, and 8 mbps, kaso all lines have 1 mbps upload limit each.
    Why the need for so many? Sana maka rollout na sila diyan, super sulit ng fiber hehehe

2. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Why the need for so many? Sana maka rollout na sila diyan, super sulit ng fiber hehehe
    Yup, yung 1 10mbps line dito, almost same cost na ng 50/50 fiber hahaha!

We need 3 lines: 10mbps for me and the GF (for work), 10mbps for general household use, 8mbps for my cousin's work and online games. We used to have only 1, kaso bitin, so umabot sa tatlo hehehe.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Two weeks ago, PLDT finally installed this so called fibre internet. The subscription is for 20 Mbps but I only get a maximum of 13 Mbps using speed test and most of the time around 3 Mbps. When I complained, the lady from 171 said that I have to wait for it to be "activated". Out of curiosity, I asked her if she is directly connected to PLDT. She said no, as she is a call center agent. Many years ago, I had a problem with a dial up connection. The guy said that perhaps I have an illegal copy of Windows, a cracked version which is the culprit for the internet connection problem. What I'm saying is that you can't expect much when you tell them some issues that you encounter.

What you can do is borrow another router and try to check your internet connection. If all is good, that means to say it is time to buy a new router.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Afaik. Tinanggal na nila adminpldt.
    Nagrollout sila updated firmware ata.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Salamat mga bossing!

6. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Sure na ba na wala na'ng adminpldt account? Wanna change the dns settings sana.

Bumigay na kasi yung dati naming modem (working pa actually pero mukhang palyado na ang switch kaya pahirapan i-turn on) kaya eto pinalitan ng Prolink na parang cheap ang plastic.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Insist on reconfiguring the PLDT modem/router to "Bridge" mode. Add your own router and you'll then have full control. Don't bother asking for admin control on the PLDT modem/router. It's going to be an uphill battle.

Next, check if you're getting a public IP address. If you don't receive a public IP address, even if you have control of your router, things like port-forwarding or service publishing won't work. This is because PLDT may have put you behind another NAT (or G-NAT). If that's the case, you can still call them up and ask nicely that you want to have a public IP address.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Insist on reconfiguring the PLDT modem/router to "Bridge" mode. Add your own router and you'll then have full control. Don't bother asking for admin control on the PLDT modem/router. It's going to be an uphill battle.

Next, check if you're getting a public IP address. If you don't receive a public IP address, even if you have control of your router, things like port-forwarding or service publishing won't work. This is because PLDT may have put you behind another NAT (or G-NAT). If that's the case, you can still call them up and ask nicely that you want to have a public IP address.
    Can't do that as I need PLDT to work as a router downstairs for a home office. I have an old Tomato router for t0rr3nt1ng, nas, and handling most of the wifi connections at the 2nd floor.

I'll keep this in mind if I can get my hands on a new router and mount it somewhere where it can handle all internet traffic.

Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12