New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I am now choosing 3 laptops from Acer, Asus or Lenovo brands with almost the same specs. Now both Acer and Asus offer 2 year warranty, while Lenovo only 1. Which among these three brands has a good reputation for its durability and after-sales support?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    I am now choosing 3 laptops from Acer, Asus or Lenovo brands with almost the same specs. Now both Acer and Asus offer 2 year warranty, while Lenovo only 1. Which among these three brands has a good reputation for its durability and after-sales support?
    I don't have an Acer. But, I have a (4-year old) ASUS RoG 646VW and my youngest kid has a 3rd-gen Lenovo Thinkpad 11e. Both are non-ultra thin models and both are built like a tank. My eldest kid has an ASUS Vivobook X556UQ-NB71 which is thin for its size. She's happy with it. But, I'm not a big fan of thin laptops because of the tendency of some to flex.

I would go with the Lenovo first followed by the Asus.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 25th, 2017 at 09:08 AM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    i'm sick and tired of windows OS, vulnerable masyado sa mga viruses, kahit anong gawin mo, nai-inis ako pag may something suspicious nanaman nangyayari sa laptop.

i'd go for Mac kahit mahal pero maasahan.

OMHO lang po kahit wala sa chioces mo : )

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Asus is one of the few brands that actually manufacture their own products ... Acer subcontracts ...

Apple notebooks are actually good value if you factor in the cost of operating system and softwares ...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    i had asus zenbook and apple macbook. i prefer macbook for its touchpad and long battery life. asus is ok but their battery is good for a year and after that the battery will not last longer for a day.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesdeakins View Post
    i had asus zenbook and apple macbook. i prefer macbook for its touchpad and long battery life. asus is ok but their battery is good for a year and after that the battery will not last longer for a day.
    The internal battery of my 2013-era ASUS RoG G46VW is still the original and still getting ~7 hours with web surfing and homework duties.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cristian ZDN View Post
    i'm sick and tired of windows OS, vulnerable masyado sa mga viruses, kahit anong gawin mo, nai-inis ako pag may something suspicious nanaman nangyayari sa laptop.

i'd go for Mac kahit mahal pero maasahan.

OMHO lang po kahit wala sa chioces mo : )
    Windows have evolved to the point it's quite protected from most malware. On the other hand, I have an older Intel Mac Mini and browsing with Safari makes it just as vulnerable to web-based malware.

The only reason I would buy a Mac nowadays is if I prefer the Finder interface of OSX. I find using the Finder okay. But. I still prefer having the app in its own window like with Windows and Linux.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 25th, 2017 at 01:30 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Nagkaron ako lahat nyan 3 brand ng laptop and based on durability and after sales support, I`d go for ASUS

Sent from my LG-D838 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    asus has excellent after sales support in metro manila

asus is better imo than both acer and lenovo...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Durability ranking based on my experience, Asus followed by Lenovo and Acer.

Sent from my ASUS Zenfone 3 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast