New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Guys what do you think: not considering external storage options, is 64GB enough for the casual user, for the next 2-3 years?

Am planning to buy a new phone before the year ends. Typical casual user, i don't take many photos/videos, not am i into games.

Please share your opinions. tia

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    my retired mom needs 128gb 😅

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Mods, my apologies, seems i started this thread on the wrong forum. Paki lipat na lang po

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    my retired mom needs 128gb 😅

Seriously? Does she store teleseryes on her phone?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Seriously? Does she store teleseryes on her phone?
    she loves recording videos and photos and shares it on her social media.

Im afraid she has zero space for her trip to the US this december. ��

who saves teleseryes on their phones?
    Last edited by StockEngine; November 15th, 2018 at 09:45 PM.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Guys what do you think: not considering external storage options, is 64GB enough for the casual user, for the next 2-3 years?

Am planning to buy a new phone before the year ends. Typical casual user, i don't take many photos/videos, not am i into games.

Please share your opinions. tia
    I don't see why not. When my mother was still using a 16GB phone, she never even needed a memory card.

Does your prospect have the option of memory card expansion? If yes, then I don't see much of a problem.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I don't see why not. When my mother was still using a 16GB phone, she never even needed a memory card.

Does your prospect have the option of memory card expansion? If yes, then I don't see much of a problem.

Asus Zenfone 5 sir. It pretty much checks all my boxes except for the hybrid SIM/SD card slot, which seems to be an annoying trend even for higher-end models.

And lately i've been having problems with apps stored on my SD card. Perhaps there's something wrong with my phone, but i'm thinking i'm better off having enough internal storage for apps from the get-go

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Asus Zenfone 5 sir. It pretty much checks all my boxes except for the hybrid SIM/SD card slot, which seems to be an annoying trend even for higher-end models.

And lately i've been having problems with apps stored on my SD card. Perhaps there's something wrong with my phone, but i'm thinking i'm better off having enough internal storage for apps from the get-go
    Well, if the price difference between the 64 and 128GB variants is not a problem for you then by all means spring for the 128GB.

Otherwise you can get the 64, along with a 128GB or even 256GB memory card.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    minimum for my use now is 128GB. the bigger space the better, more headroom and flexibility. for smartphones now, bigger battery capacity and storage space are king.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    For the OP's use case, 64GB seems adequate. It would be good if the phone has an option for expandable storage in case you need it in the future.

My iPhone 7 has 128GB and I only use 47GB.

I bought a Samsung S9 with 64GB and I'm happy it has the option for expandable storage if I will need it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast