New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    LH is fast from the get go. This man is something. I wouldn't pick Heidfield over him. Certainly, not even Alonso.

I understand that Kimi and Alonso got some defects while on the GP but they still finished, meaning they could've won even with a defective tranny like being stuck in Gear5 like what happened to Michael one time.

Kimi gave excuses. Alonso blamed his team. How wonderful.

Sorry for comparing these two to MS (esp Kimi since he's the touted next MS). I just can't help but get frustrated with the lack of skill and passion. I wanna see F1 racing that is at the brink of death (sort of) and absolute mayhem. Kubica crashed in Montreal - that's passion at 300kmh curve. hehe.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    I'm surprised you guys never considered the effect of the new safety car rule that caused the topsy-turvy podium finish at Montreal.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Kimi gave excuses. Alonso blamed his team. How wonderful.
    As I've said, both drivers downplayed the car problems plaguing them. Car problems do happen and is part and parcel of car racing.

Alonso never did blame the team for not winning the Canadian GP. Although he did whine about the Britishness of the team (and I am not a big fan of him) on how they celebrated Hamilton's win but he never blamed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Sorry for comparing these two to MS (esp Kimi since he's the touted next MS). I just can't help but get frustrated with the lack of skill and passion. I wanna see F1 racing that is at the brink of death (sort of) and absolute mayhem. Kubica crashed in Montreal - that's passion at 300kmh curve. hehe.
    No passion for Kimi? How about when he challenged Massa at lap 1 where he risked his good position for an even better one although his gamble did not pay off as he clipped his front wing doing so.

No skill for Alonso? Two back-to-back world driver's championship while Herr Schumi is still around? If he didn't have skill, I don't think that he would be able to do that.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    http://www.formula1.com/race/news/6290/776.html

During practice, it was FA, LH, FM, KR, NH, DC, NR, HK, RB, JB....

3001:thud:

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well, Schumi could win races with one hand tied behind his back... but look at the competition nowadays. Renault's first championship season, KR and FA had Michael fully mastered, as Ferrari was struggling with the regulations. Their second championship, he brought it, and KR was seriously struggling.

While we want to think that Formula 1 is a driver's race, it isn't always. You can win with minor technical problems if you're much better than the other drivers, and you have a much better car... but with things this close in terms of drivers, even slight car advantages can mean the difference between winning and losing.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    It was an excellent performance for Hamilton to get the Pole in US grand prix. Everyone is expecting Alonso to get this but Hamilton did a great job.

Could this be a second win for Hamilton?

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Alonso had his chance. But he was beaten by a black dude to the pole, eh? If you saw that teenager Vettel in the garage, he's so slim and young, looks like he just got out of high school and straight to Formula 1. I'm used to seeing savage chiseled dudes in wheels in F1, like Coulthard, Doornbos .... err, Heidfeld (the post-boyband look). But certainly not like Vettel who really looks like a kid.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Wow! LH sitting at the pole in tomorrow morning's race!
    Whew! FA must really be having nightmares each night!

So, is the Ferrari team....

Puyatan na naman ito mamaya..... Tulog muna ako....

3001:thud:

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    7pm ata race day eh :D

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Ohoy!!!! LH you're the man.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
U.S. Indianapolis Grand Prix 2007