New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Now that McLaren as a constructor has been penalized and eliminated from "supposed to be" dirty acts from "a few" of its employees, I think it makes perfect sense that the company do some kind of revenge against the perpetrators.

There was no sportmanship involved when Alonso and Dela Rosa tried to cheat by exploiting stolen secrets from Ferrari, why would there be sportmanship if McLaren denies Alonso the win by tweaking his car so he'll be out pace compared to his teammate?

Alonso cannot win races without his car. And McLaren owns the car he his driving right now. Since this entire contest has dirt all over it, I would rather pick Lewis Hamilton and give him a better car to win for the team, if I were Ron Dennis.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    There was no sportmanship involved when Alonso and Dela Rosa tried to cheat by exploiting stolen secrets from Ferrari, why would there be sportmanship if McLaren denies Alonso the win by tweaking his car so he'll be out pace compared to his teammate?

Alonso cannot win races without his car. And McLaren owns the car he his driving right now. Since this entire contest has dirt all over it, I would rather pick Lewis Hamilton and give him a better car to win for the team, if I were Ron Dennis.
    The only problem with that is that Fernando Alonso now has the full protection of the FIA!

Seems like the FIA is already ahead of Mclaren in this area and is making sure Mclaren doesnt do any funny business in inhibiting Alonso from his drive for the championship.

from F1-live.com:

FIA to monitor McLaren treatment of Alonso
    Max Mosley keen to protect the defending champion 16/09/07 00:23

Alonso very much at odds at McLaren Mercedes
    Appearances aside, the effects of the espionage scandal and its fallout continue to be felt on the scene of the Belgian Grand Prix.

After disagreeing in the media on Saturday, McLaren boss Ron Dennis and FIA President Max Mosley later stood in front of the team's shining 'Brand Centre' and shook hands for the benefit of photographers.

But after headlines suggested that Mosley continues to question Dennis' integrity and honesty regarding key elements of the disclosure of the new email evidence, it now emerges that F1's governing body is going to keep a close eye on McLaren at least for the balance of the season.

Mosley praised Fernando Alonso on Saturday for his role in shedding light on the extent of knowledge of Ferrari's secrets within the team.

But the FIA President says he now fears for possible retribution against the Spaniard from within his ranks, after Alonso's evidence directly led to the record $100m fine and exclusion from the constructors' world championship.
    Cliquez ici...

"If they do anything wrong against Alonso, they will have to answer to us in Paris and we will do what is necessary," Mosley is quoted as saying by the Italian daily La Gazzetta dello Sport.

The Briton said he fully supported Alonso's actions, in direct contrast with some sections of some that have accused him of maliciously attempting to blackmail his bosses.

"He was the only one on his team who did the right thing," Mosley said. "With Alonso's emails we obtained certainty (about the case)," he added.
    Of course Mclaren can still try to do that but then again after the spy scandal and the increased scrutiny they are under after the penalty I believe they would think twice...

As for some who question Alonso's morals in not going to the FIA sooner I think Mclaren (Ron Dennis et al) should be the one faulted for having its drivers put in the "predicament" of ratting against their team or doing the right thing. I dont think Alonso was any happier in doing what he did, but then again Im sure he was doing the right thing.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wag na lang nila lagyan ng gas yung auto ni FA, hehe

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    tsk tsk akala ko talagang gumaling McLaren this year. yun pala kumukuha ng leakage hehe

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Just want to share this as the author is thinking in the same line as myself on this F1 scandal..... IMO, it's unquestionably a competitive advantage....

3808:fish:

Sorry, Lewis, but you shouldn't even be at the races
    by Jeff Powell

A GRUBBY little farce took place in a small town in Belgium yesterday. Formula One motor racing showed the world it is no longer a sport, just a hoarding on wheels, advertising the greed of men already so absurdly rich they need not a car, but a pantechnicon, to take their money to the bank.

Lewis Hamilton had blown a gust of fresh air through British sport. He provided daring and a welcome dash of success to go with it.

Yet permitting this young Englishman to continue his pursuit of the world drivers' championship in a machine built on cheating is a betrayal of the cavalier gentlemen of the track who preceded him. The same applies to his garage-mate Fernando Alonso.

Two of the finest of those legends disagree. Stirling Moss and Jackie Stewart believe it would have been folly to ruin one of the most compelling championships for years by stripping the drivers of points as well as the manufacturer of their vehicles.

But even the FIA president can see the immorality of his council's contradictory decision to throw McLaren out of the constructors' championship yet grant immunity to the men who sit at the wheel.

Max Mosley disassociated himself from that majority verdict by saying: "If you are outside the rules, you are not in the game."

If McLaren have gained an advantage by espionage and deceit — and the judgment declares they did — the drivers should be suspended also. Instead Hamilton and Alonso were to be seen hurtling around Spa, even though in no other mass-audience sport is the competitor so reliant on external combustion and technical wizardry.

Thoroughbred racing is not exactly the least corrupted of sports yet if the winning horse is found to have been doped, the jockey does not keep the Derby victory.

The same should apply to McLaren. It is of no consequence whether or not Ron Dennis knew what his underlings were up to, nor that he decided to blow the whistle. He is the boss, he is responsible.

For the record, Ferrari, whose secrets were stolen by McLaren, took first and second places in yesterday's Belgian Grand Prix. That is likely to be a Pyrrhic victory, since their pilots trail Hamilton and Alonso on points.

To have knocked Hamilton out of the championship race, which he leads by two points, may have seemed Draconian to many but there are more important considerations, not least the integrity without which no game is worth playing.

By letting Bernie Ecclestone keep his commercial circus flying they have cast F1 as a straw before the slipstream.

If Hamilton wins his title, it will be worthless and only the petrol heads will be watching those last three races on television. For sports lovers, it is a sordid turn off.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, in fairness to McLaren, no Ferrari design/technology/etc. has been found so far on their current vehicle. Though further scrutiny of the 2008 car is already in the works.

As I understand, McLaren was penalized for just having a copy of the said document with the connivance & knowledge of some key personnel.

It's like stealing the source codes of Microsoft Vista by some Apple personnel. They have the complete source code, some of them email each other with regards to the possession of the said source code but none of them at the moment bothers to use the said source codes.

If it's found that McLaren used Ferrari's design - they'll be in a much bigger hole than this.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    I'm sure those design secrets did not find its way to McLaren's chief designer merely for entertainment or curiosity purposes only.

It's like finding George W. Bush's detailed itenerary schedule in the hands of an Al Qaeda terrorist leader. Sure, the Al Qaeda dude was just watching TV and eating popcorn when the Special Forces came blasting their way into his door. Who is to say that this guy was "merely curious" about Bush's detailed travel plans found on his dining table, and was never really caught in the act of doing something illegal?

With regards to that article about Hamilton driving a cheating car - it doesn't matter to me whether his wins are tainted, we can't do anything about the car at this stage anyway. But I like his driving style. More like an equal match with Nico Rosberg. I'm sure Hamilton will be the franchise driver for McLaren for the years to come. He is, after all, a Briton. British car, British boss, British driver. Makes sense to me. Ok, the engine is German.

With regards to Alonso - I'm not sure if many people in Renault will be happy to accept him back. After all, wasn't it in China last year when Alonso accused his team of not supporting him in the race that's why he lost to Schumacher in the Shanghai GP?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyFerrari View Post
    I'm sure Hamilton will be the franchise driver for McLaren for the years to come. He is, after all, a Briton. British car, British boss, British driver. Makes sense to me. Ok, the engine is German.
    Agree here bro. And I like the way you think.

With regards to Alonso - I'm not sure if many people in Renault will be happy to accept him back. After all, wasn't it in China last year when Alonso accused his team of not supporting him in the race that's why he lost to Schumacher in the Shanghai GP?
    He is brewing something at that time..... Oh well, that's the way he really is.... Que horror!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    at the moment, is there a bigger crybaby in professional sports than Fernanda Alonso? i honestly am having trouble coming up with anybody :hihihi: especially now that Terrell Owens and Kobe Bryant seem to have wised up and shut up.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    at the moment, is there a bigger crybaby in professional sports than Fernanda Alonso? i honestly am having trouble coming up with anybody :hihihi: especially now that Terrell Owens and Kobe Bryant seem to have wised up and shut up.

10..... 9...... 8..... 7..... 6..... 5..... 4..... 3...... 2..... 1..... 0 (Engggg!!!!)...

Sorry, I cannot think of a bigger crybaby in professional sports....

So, it must be the great back-to-back F1 Champion,- FA....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
McLaren Trial