New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003

It might sound like sacrilege, but Lamborghini is heading off-road and back to its roots. Before the Italian manufacturer built supercars, its founder, Ferruccio Lamborghini, made his money selling tractors - and the firm now has another 4x4 on the drawing board.

But it's not completely forgetting its core customers, and has a new front-engined GT model on the cards as well. The last time Lamborghini put its name to an off-roader was in 1992, when production of the brutish LM 002 finished. The exclusive pictures in this week's issue give the first glimpse of the all-wheel-drive Porsche Cayenne rival which insiders say will see the LM badge return.

With Lamborghini under Audi's control, the Italian firm is ideally placed to benefit from its German parent's engineering expertise. The new mud-plugger is expected to be based on the same platform as the Audi Pikes Peak 4x4, which was unveiled as a concept at 2002's Detroit Motor Show and is set to go on sale next year. It's also likely to borrow parts from VW's Touareg.

However, this new-found love of off-roading doesn't mean Lamborghini is turning its back on supercars. Company designers are also working on a front-engined rival to the Ferrari 575M.

Power will come from the same 5.0-litre V10 engine as in the Gallardo, which means an output in excess of 500bhp is more than likely. This new model is a radical departure from the mid-engined Gallardo and Murciélago, but would still be an impressive addition to Lamborghini's imposing line-up. Neither the sportster nor the 4x4 is expected to appear in the metal before 2006.

;)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    looks like a SUV that can outrun anything else on the road. :D

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Supercar marques are not supposed to produce SUVs. Look at the Porsche Cayenne. For all its advanced equipment and brand prestige, it ultimately got its German ass whooped in off-road capability by no less than -- the Suzuki Vitara.

As far as European brands are concerned, kung SUV at off-roading din lang, my money's with Land Rover any day.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i heard porsche is coming up with a cayenne that pumps out 500hp. it's an option available next year.

consequently, there is a cayenne gemballa (did i get the name right?) GT650 that pumps out 650 horses!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Originally posted by Bogeyman
    Supercar marques are not supposed to produce SUVs. Look at the Porsche Cayenne. For all its advanced equipment and brand prestige, it ultimately got its German ass whooped in off-road capability by no less than -- the Suzuki Vitara.
    Actually, it's worse... in that comparo, it was whupped by the Jimny. :D :D :D

This isn't the first time Lambo has had an SUV... I remember them releasing (dunno if it ever went commercial) a Range Rover / Hummer type of vehicle over a decade ago... a real heavy duty TRUCK of an SUV, intended for military use... not one of those (here I go again) namby pamby 'urban' SUVs. Schwarzenegger has one.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    whoa! thats nice

but the question is will it do the job better?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT lang

dito sa building namin sa Export Plaza(former Urban Bank Plaza) lagi may sinusundo Porsche Cayenne Turbo, its eye popping.......

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Here's the original Lambo SUV:

Engine: 5.2L V12
    Power: 450hp / 500Nm
    Top Speed: 210kmh
    0-100kph: 7.7sec

9. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    i don't think they should claim it to be an off-roader instead, just claim to be the world's fastest SUV/ station wagon?

10. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    It looks ugly.. kung hindi lang Lambo yung nakalagay na brand sa labas, I wouldnt want to be seen driving one :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Lambo Heads Off-Road