New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Saan lugar ba yang Carmona Racing Circuit.. After exit ka ng toll gate?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    malayo pa yun from the toll gate. I use an alternate route to go there, i pass thru southwoods...tapos maedyo malayo pa....tapos you'll see a shell station on your left. turn to the corner before the station tapos pasok ka sa eskinita na parang bukid....tapos at the end of the street na yung circuit....

medyo mahirap hanapin, and theres a chance you might get lost too....but ask around youll find it.:mrgreen:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehehe...medyo malaki nga chance mawala papuntang carmona. i take the same route as johnadoo, and what he said about the bukid....mukha talagang bukid! :mrgreen:

i think they let you rent out the karts for 1,500 pesos for an hour? not exactly sure, pero in that range..

have any of you guys tried out other tracks here in metro manila? meron sa may ccp (i forgot the name), same guy who owns carmona made a track beside boom na boom. 150++ for 5 min runs.

meron din sa may bandang sta. lucia...manila speedzone. 550 naman for 12 mins. very technical track layout!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    I have tried Manila speedzone, its a technical course...puro hairpins....corners....ang tendency mo dun manggigil sa mga turns...kaya you end up too fast into the corners. The key there is to drive really carfully, keeping the revs up so as not to loose the momentum of the kart... well thats what the others say, and the results are very good....i tried it once lang kaya gigil na gigil ako nun...puro squala...mali pala yun...and my arms hurt after kasi i didnt use my shoulders....but its lots of fun

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    mp turbos national series is a good alternatie sa carmona series if ur thinking bout the costs. u guys could check out mpturbo.ph for details
    races are held in subic, pampanga, and clark. entry fee i think is 2k for 2 classes na. just bring ur kart, oil, mechanics, gas and ur ready to race. the good thing about he series is the costs, equal grid in terms of practice time because they usually change the tracks now and then so al the karters have is the morning and afternoon practice sessions. teams from carmona like intelco, mpturbo, the pampanga racing team, and other privateers are the usual competitors.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Ive seen some really nasty spills there....when a kart clips the tire barriers....talagang taob.:lol:

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ganun talga ang karting eh:D if u see mga pics sa european karting magazine ang dami din lumilipad. once na magcontact kasi yung gulong with another kart or barrier usually nakagas pa din ung driver kaya yun...fly like a bird:lol:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossing
    mp turbos national series is a good alternatie sa carmona series if ur thinking bout the costs. u guys could check out mpturbo.ph for details
    races are held in subic, pampanga, and clark. entry fee i think is 2k for 2 classes na. just bring ur kart, oil, mechanics, gas and ur ready to race. the good thing about he series is the costs, equal grid in terms of practice time because they usually change the tracks now and then so al the karters have is the morning and afternoon practice sessions. teams from carmona like intelco, mpturbo, the pampanga racing team, and other privateers are the usual competitors.
    that's true mpturbo's speedfest is for you if you're on a budget. registration is now 1,500 per class so if you race in 2 classes, its 3k. they also hold karting clinics the day before the race for 3.5k if you have no experience yet in karting. refresher classes are free.

i have a copy of PMA's 2003 calendar of events. included there are the sked for PDRF drag series, Drag Racing Chmpnshp series, Natl RallyX, AAA Natl Rally, SVI GP, PIKA kart, MP Turbo Speedfest, BRC Racing, and the new Formula BMW series. I can email it to you guys if you want. just post ur emails. it's about 600+kb so make sure your inbox is not full.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    agent j, pwede pa-send yung calendar sa akin.. interested lang ako sa races sa BRC kasi almost every week i am in that area.. nood lang ng races.. Email: alan.sotelo*issproxy.com tnx! :D

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sup,

send ko sayo sa monday! oki?:mrgreen:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
karting expenses